The big storm

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Hey guys, and Sharon…., Big storm coming in hot! Curious to hear what kind of damage anyone receives if any. Hopefully not, but the expectations are high. 70+ wind gusts, 1 inch plus rain, the usual large hail……
    I’m especially wondering how the immediate Wadena area fares if anyone is from there. I have a big job going and I’m wondering if I need to drive up in the morning and pick up debris……

Hope all are safe if it’s a doozy!

Pailofperch

Currently at 8:34

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200717-203341.png

dbright
    Cambridge

Should be a loud night in the camper tonight.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I stayed home but thinking I should of went up tonight. I’ll see how the storm is before deciding if I go in the morning or not.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Yikes. I thought this was supposed to stay north of MPLS. Seems like it’s tracking right this way.

Stay safe everyone.

MNdrifter

Was on standby to give a hand in Casselton ND if needed for work due to a “major incident” until 5:30. I’m glad I didn’t have to drive into that. Looks like the Fargo boys earned their time and a half this afternoon. Going to be barreling down on us in a couple hours. Hope it don’t wipe out the crops here. Or my garden….. just as everything is looking good after we finally got a little rain. cry

Lou W

So far a lot of thunder-lightening and rain in walker.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mille Lacs could get it again.

MNdrifter

Kids have friends over tonight. Plan was they were going to spend the night in the fish house. Their mom called to make sure we had enough sense to have them sleep in the house tonight. Lol. If they don’t wind down soon, I might risk it myself sleeping out there. chased toast sleeping

Pailofperch

She just started here. North of Freeport. Not to much wind, but it’s pouring and the lightning doesn’t stop! Some close ones really shaking the windows!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200717-235155.png

Ice Cap

After a lot of weatherman driven panic we got a little welcome rain up here just south of Virginia. They literally were telling people to evacuate the campgrounds and many did.

Ruined a good concert. A group of cabins get together and hire a band to play on the lakeshore. You can anchor you’re boat in the bay and have a few beers and listen in. Always a good time. Couple weeks ago it was a good bluegrass band.

The storm was really much ado about nothing.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Well not much happened here in IGH overnight. We got a little more than 1/2″ of rain. Fritz was squeaking about 2am for a potty break so I glanced at the radar while I was up. This thing was huge!

Attachments:
    1. 20200718_074711.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Lots of wind between 3 and 5 AM. Still pretty good blow going. .16″ of rain in the digital gauge out of this. About a half hour of steady thunder when the storm passed over us.

Lou W

We didn’t lose power out on stony point……so it wasn’t much of a storm.
    Rain and a light show

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A whopping 1/3 of an inch. Coulda used about 5 times that much. bawling

Pailofperch

I got your rain! 3 7/8 inches!!! No wind damage. It poured for a couple hours.

Forrest Melton
    Alexandria, MN

Little under 3” here, just south of Alexandria .

blank

Just shy of 4″ in my rain gauge in Brainerd. No wind, lots of lightning.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

1.5 inches here in South St. Paul. Had the alarm set for 3AM so I could get out and do some early morning Bass fishing, so much for that idea. At 3AM it was blowing hard, lots of lightning. Maybe tomorrow.

SR

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Currently at 8:34

little late to this party but I was up in Itasca county, not far from bowstring lake. It was a little windy and got an inch of rain. I came home today and had inch and three quarters in the gauge.

tornadochaser

The storm was really much ado about nothing.

Maybe in your location it was nothing, but overall the system was a legit damaging long track event producing 6 tornadoes and nearly 200 SPC filtered reports of wind damage and hail across parts of 3 states. I’d say it lived up to the pre-storm forecasts.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Not only are the weather people panicking but the river forecasters as well.

The storm this post is about showed a forecast of the river at Red Wing jumping 3+ feet to 7.5′. After a couple days the forecast went to 4.7′ just inches.

Now today’s forecast is doing the same. Guess I would rather have them error on the high side then have a flood and not know it’s coming.

Attachments:
    1. redm5_hg.png

Charles

It rained last night? lol.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

They (try to) forecast with the rain forecasted in the next 24 hours.

Charles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>

They (try to) forecast with the rain forecasted in the next 24 hours.

Didn’t even hear anything.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Weather Terrorists

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Up here in cold spring we had another inch last nite, it’s headed south.

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

4” at the lake (Motley area). Drainage via Crow Wing River into Mississippi. 3” or more at home (Princeton) drainage via Rum River into Mississippi. So it’s eventually heading downstream your way…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.