Thanksgiving Dinner?

• John Christesnen

I know mostly everybody has turkey on Thanksgiving but not my family turkey isn’t our thing were going with a ham this year.
    What’s everybody having this year for Thanksgiving?

Ducky

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ll be baking up two hams from the whole pig I got this fall. They were smoked at Gregs in Hampton, best in town!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

2 10 lb hams , 1 20 lb turkey, 2 ducks, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, rolls, several pies, shrimp ring, cheese and sausage and crackers tray, veggie tray, bacon wrapped chestnuts, lots of wine, beer, mixed drinks, 20 people and I know I’m missing a few things.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

bacon wrapped chestnuts

Possibly the best app of all time mrgreen

igotone

2 10 lb hams , 1 20 lb turkey, 2 ducks, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, rolls, several pies, shrimp ring, cheese and sausage and crackers tray, veggie tray, bacon wrapped chestnuts, lots of wine, beer, mixed drinks, 20 people and I know I’m missing a few things.

Nutz — I’m coming to your palace!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>icenutz wrote:</div>

Nutz — I’m coming to your palace!

Do you think he’ll have enough food for you?

Dang. We’ll be making due with a little ol’ 20 pound turkey, 4 bottles of wine, 2 magnums of champers, and 4 pounds of assorted cheeses with names I can’t pronounce.

My father is one of 8 children, and back in the mid 1970s my grandma and grandpa had a combination of married children with grandchildren and college kids. With the hired man and his family, 2 college roommates, etc, my little 4’10” grandma hosted 28 at dinner. It was an awesome sight. She borrowed the kitchen of the next door neighbors who were away and did two 20 pound turkeys and 25 pounds of mashed potatoes, plus all the other trimmings. Truly an awesome sight and much to be thankful for.

Grouse

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Cooking large meals(like grandma made) might be becoming a lost art. frown

I’m guessing Turkey, mashed potato, salads, ever famous scallop corn cassarole, green bean cassarole, Pumpkin pie. No beer or booze.

Stay safe everybody.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

I’ll be frying 2, 12 lb. turkey’s that I smoked today, along with 2 roasted pheasants and 3 lbs. of sauger and walleye fillets. Gotta have all the regular other Thanksgiving good stuff, too.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

My GF is big on enough food, she never wants to be short. 7 – 12 packs of Grain Belt, Stella Cider, any any booze you can think of. Everyone stays overnight, lots of air beds, glad we have lots of room at the farmhouse.

I will post some pics tomorrow during the process and the tables.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Cooking large meals(like grandma made) might be becoming a lost art. frown

I thought about this yesterday when I spent my whole day cooking for today and knowing I’d do it all over again today for a meal that gets wolfed down in 30 minutes. I guess we do it for the leftovers. LOL!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Fish fry this year. Canadian walleyes and perch from lake of the woods and whitefish from Green Bay. But the more traditional mashed potatoes and stuffing. Homemade cherry and blueberry pies for dessert.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I love a nice whole ham on the grill with apple wood. I make an apricot, chipotle with adobo glaze. Can’t believe how many guests want some to take home. Fried turkey and way too many sides to mention.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1913-1.jpg

2. IMG_1912.jpg

3. IMG_1913.jpg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ll be frying 2, 12 lb. turkey’s that I smoked today, along with 2 roasted pheasants and 3 lbs. of sauger and walleye fillets. Gotta have all the regular other Thanksgiving good stuff, too.

Frying a turkey that was just smoked?
    Just to bring it up to a warmed temp to serve?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>
    20# slab of lasagna

OK I can eat that, What’s everyone else gonna have. rotflol

I’m still lying on the couch in my deer stand in a food coma doah

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Parties over………..pizza tonight.

Curt Wuensch

Jeff, were those fish “road kill”?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We did the traditional turkey, mashed and stuffing yesterday. Today was elk back straps on the grill, elk burger hotdish and garlic toast. I’m so over-stuff I can barely move. )

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Time to start the Christmas menu. Lol. Prime rib in the smoker will be the star of the show.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Dave I smoked one and did the reverse sear under the broiler today just for the wife with I along with crab stuffed portobellos caps. I made a “Corn Fremont” in thew oven, her grandmother’s recipe and the only one that I ever liked.

Christmas dinner we will be spending with my 2 cousins that are sister and brother.

I’m still lying on the couch in my deer stand in a food coma doah

Say what?!! Man I gotta see that Taj Mahal! WOW a couch in a tree stand? toast

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Time to start the Christmas menu. Lol. Prime rib in the smoker will be the star of the show.

Did that for Thanksgiving.
    Thinking about herb crusted New York strip loin roast baked in a salt crust for Christmas.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.