selecting an action and barrel

• Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

My 3-shot groups are doing a 2 close, 1 stray type thing. I’m trying to allow for shooter error and because I haven’t installed the trigger upgrade on this one yet, I have to allow the stiff trigger pull to be a possible factor in that one stray shot

That is the bad thing about rifles sometimes it seems to be the luck of the draw. Savage, Tikka, Remington, Browning, Cooper. Thompson Center, etc, if you read enough forums somebody has had problems even with custom made rifles not holding a good pattern. It sucks when you end up with one of these, could drive a person batty.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Tom…. You just made me laugh because yes, it does suck but I guess when I look down that list of makes, at least I only paid for an Axis stainless! I mean, if I’m gonna find a “dud”…. at least I didn’t break the bank doing it!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

You’ve seen my post. You’ve seen what a T3 Hunter can do.

Ken did you do a review on the Tikka? I think I may have missed that post, could you post a link please.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Tom…. You just made me laugh because yes, it does suck but I guess when I look down that list of makes, at least I only paid for an Axis stainless! I mean, if I’m gonna find a “dud”…. at least I didn’t break the bank doing it!

I have a 22 250 tikka t3 heavy barrel that I was about ready to throw in the garbage. I couldn’t get it to shoot any groups. Didnt matter what ammo or who shot it. I took it to a gunsmith and I cant remember what he did exactly but the gun shoots like a dream now. The gun will go to the grave with me.

Im excited to try out the axis 22 250 I bought today and see how it shoots compared to my tikka. If it shoots good then it can go in the safe with the rest otherwise its going to have a rough life living in the truck.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Steve,

It’s in the general discussion forum, “I wish it went like this all the time.”

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.