Won a 22-250, Keep or trade?

• alanmdk

We won a gun the other night at the turkey banquet. It’s a Howa 22-250 with a scope already mounted on it. The bad part is we were out of state, so we have to wait for it to get shipped here. Just wondering what to expect once it gets here, anyone have any feedback. I don’t really need a rifle, and might just trade it in on a shotgun if it’s not that great of a gun.

Thanks
    CW

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

My son has a Howa 223 and it shoots like a dream! The gun has and adjustable trigger, great action and an awesome barrel. This should make you a great yote gun.If it doesn’t come with one mount a good scope and go shoot some yotes!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

It’s a Howa 22-250 …. anyone have any feedback. I don’t really need a rifle, and might just trade it in on a shotgun if it’s not that great of a gun.

Thanks
    CW

Sell it to me please….for $50.00 plus shipping Just Kidding.. I assume its new. Follow the manufactures break-in proceedure. Most likely you have a 1500 action howa 22-250. For a factory gun, one heck of a tack driver. I have a Burris Extreme Tactical mounted on my Howa 22-250 and I wouldn’t hesitate for one moment touching a round off at 500 yards on a coyote. I’m putting some mighty tight groups in at 600+ yards. I hand load, so I have mine dialed in pretty tight now. But even shooting factory Hornady 50gr V-Max, I was sub MOA @100 yrds. I love mine and couldn’t say enough positive things about it. I have a post or two here on IDO Bench about it. Scroll down and check it out. If you want to sell it, let me know…my daughter my let me have mine back if I buy her one.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

IF you decide to sell it. Post it here. I’ll fight Randy for it!

big_g
    Isle, MN

What does a rifle like this run for ??? I have a Benelli Super Nova that I won.. that I would like to trade for a Prairie dog gun Is a 22-250 too big ???

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

What does a rifle like this run for ??? I have a Benelli Super Nova that I won.. that I would like to trade for a Prairie dog gun Is a 22-250 too big ???

Not at all. It’s a great ground dog gun. I’ve shot a bunch of yotes and deer with a 22-250. To me, it’s one of the funnest calibers out there.

If you do sell, please list on IDO.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Quote:

Not at all. It’s a great ground dog gun. I’ve shot a bunch of yotes and deer with a 22-250. To me, it’s one of the funnest calibers out there.

If you do sell, please list on IDO.

And here I thought i might have an inside track on one for my daughter Thanks guys My thumbhole sporter in stainless runs about $700 +/- Gun Giene in a good place to look up avg costs.
    The 22-250 has a little larger BOOM than than a .223. But, you can really reach out there and send them flying Check out some of the vids on U-tube

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Check out some of the vids on U-tube

You mean the ones where the prairie dogs explode???

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Quote:

Check out some of the vids on U-tube

You mean the ones where the prairie dogs explode???

Yep – those are the ones

alanmdk

Going out of town for the weekend again. Hopefully when we get home I can go pick this thing up! You guys are gettin me pumped up about this gun.

You guys should have said it sucked so someone here would have got a good deal! I’ll have to take a closer look when it gets here, and decide what to do. The NWTF Banquet season is upon us and Little Bossman has won everytime he’s went.(3 for 2) We might not have any room in the safe if he keeps this up.

CW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.