Muzzleloader

• msec
    La Crosse, WI

Looking to buy my first muzzleloader, Traditions has an on-line special Pursuit LT Accelrator, Hd hardwoods camo, thumbhole stock, 3×9 40mm scope, 50 cal. 26″ stainless barrel,brech plug comes out with 3 turns. $270.00

What do you think about these guns or Tradition’s guns in general?

dylan1123
    wisconsin

id heard bad things about em but i got a cva this winter for christmas iv heard nothing but good things about em and there fairly cheap

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Ive only had 1 traditions gun it was 1 i won at a whitetails banquete. I never shot the gun so I can’t say how it performed, but it just seamed realy cheaply built. The gun was a semi auto 12 gauge. For your 1st muzzle loader I would look at some thing that is easy to use and clean. The only muzzle loader I can give you 1st hand info on is Thompson Center. They make very durable user freindly guns. The CVA muzzle loaders seam to be alright guns too.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

The only muzzle loader I can give you 1st hand info on is Thompson Center. They make very durable user freindly guns.

X2

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

The only muzzle loader I can give you 1st hand info on is Thompson Center. They make very durable user freindly guns.

x3 I’ve had the omega for over 6 years and thats all I
    shoot and I couldn’t be happier with it. I have a friend who shoots cva’s and is very happy with them also.Good Luck

coppertop
    Central MN

My CVA optima, while not a top of the line gun it is my favorite firearm I own.

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Cant go wrong with a CVA or a TC, the new CVAs are basicly knockoffs of the TC line up on the tweeked a few things to make them better. I had a cva and switched to the tc Triumph and love if! Only reason for switch was a gift, I will still use my CVA for muzzleloader season the TC is for western hunts and Gun season.

jeff-rudy
    Rosemount, MN

TC Omega here…black thumbole/SS with a nikon 3-9…tack-driver at 150 once I got the load figured out. Little more cash, but well worth it. My favorite gun to shoot as well, and more accurate than my Rem 700 7mm-08 so far!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I bought a CVA a few years ago and it is by far the worst gun I’ve owned. Front sight fell off, inconsistent patterns. A very pretty gun, though. My dad bought a T/C at the same time and I love his gun. It was more $, but in hindsight I should have spent the extra money.

CVA’s may have gotten better in the last few years, but their past doesn’t give me much faith.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A couple thoughts here: first – if you live and hunt in minnesota – the scope will not do you any good during muzzleloader season ( Against the law – for now anyway ) Second – Make sure you are sold on the Thumbhole stock – I had one and did not like it at all. Third- Make sure you take a look at the TC Omega or any other TC for that matter first.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

I love my Thompson Encore. Cjangeable barells are great. So far I have a .50 cal muzzleloader and a .300 Win Mag barell. Will be getting a varmint barell soon. Almost any caliber you would ever want with the same stock and trigger.

DaveD1
    Eastern Iowa

Right now I’ve got two Knights and they are awesome rifles but with that being said…my next rifle will be a CVA due to the ease of cleaning. I’d buy a TC but the CVA is a pretty nice gun for quite a bit less $$$.

msec
    La Crosse, WI

DaveD,
    What do you think of the CVA Electra?

woodenfrog
    se mn

TC Thumbhole Omega here.Might be more accurate than my .243 Weatherby.Worth the price.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.