Reloading Press

• Northwoods18
    Bloomington MN

What brand name reloading press is the “best”? Also where would I go and see/get one. I know Cabelas but I’m a mom and pop shop kind of person. I’m shooting a .40 S&W Glock model 22. Can I go wrong with a Dillon brand name one?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Bogie!

I’m not the expert on the subject, so I will leave that to those who are. I just wanted to Welcome you! Hold tight, I’m sure someone will pipe in soon.

jeff_hansen

Bogie,

Are you thinking about a single stage press or a progressive press? If you’re thinking single stage, you really can’t beat the good ‘ol RCBS RockChucker. I started reloading a few years ago w/ a cheaper Lee cast press. It was a great way to get started and to see if I was going to stay with it. I just broke that press last fall and ended up buying a RockChucker. It has been a great upgrade and will last me for many years as it is a very solid unit. I have also heard good things about Dillon and Forster presses. I don’t think that you can go wrong with any of the companies mentioned.

I’m not sure where you’re from, but reloading equipment can be a bit of a challenge to find. Most good gun shops have them and like you mentioned, there’s always Cabela’s, Gander Mountain, etc.

Good luck with the new “hobby”. Now that I’ve been shooting my own handloads and have seen the accuracy that can be produced, I don’t see myself going back to the factory stuff.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Yup single stage and a great one to start with is the Rock Chucker. Thats where the brother and I started. We still use if for our rifle loads to do them one at a time. For a progressive and cranking out higher amounts. We love our Dillion 650. I cost a few bucks for this one but you can crank out massive amounts fast and easy once set up.

If you’re around the metro and want someone along to avice or question drop me an IM and my little bother(29) and I can help you out.

Northwoods18
    Bloomington MN

Quote:

Yup single stage and a great one to start with is the Rock Chucker. Thats where the brother and I started. We still use if for our rifle loads to do them one at a time. For a progressive and cranking out higher amounts. We love our Dillion 650. I cost a few bucks for this one but you can crank out massive amounts fast and easy once set up.
    If you’re around the metro and want someone along to avice or question drop me an IM and my little bother(29) and I can help you out.

I will and thank you in advance. I was thinking a dillon machine but mabe the middle model or the entery one. this is for my own stash of practice shooting bullets/rounds.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Welcome to the the site Bogie! We’re glad to have you here!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.