Which powder do you shoot?

• mnangler
    Wabasha, MN

New to the sport of muzzleloading and I am wondering the differences between pyrodex pellets and triple seven pellets? I want to know what you shoot and why. Thanks for your help.

timmy

American Pioneers Powder. Very clean burning.

Tim

timmy

American Pioneers Powder. Very clean burning.

Tim

kizew
    Dallas, WI

For me hands down triple 7 – it seems to be a litte drier than Pyrodex but it has the clean up and non-corrosive characteristics of smokeless powder.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

For me hands down triple 7 – it seems to be a litte drier than Pyrodex but it has the clean up and non-corrosive characteristics of smokeless powder.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Amen Kizew!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Amen Kizew!

skineboy
    Red Wing, MN

I’m with Kizew on this one. The only powder I use is triple 7. I shoot a 100 grains of powder with a 245 grain buffulo bullet company ball-et. I would also like to add that I shoot the powder, not the pellets. Personal preference I guess. The powder cleans up real easy and you can shot round after round with zero problems.

~SKINEBOY~

skineboy
    Red Wing, MN

I’m with Kizew on this one. The only powder I use is triple 7. I shoot a 100 grains of powder with a 245 grain buffulo bullet company ball-et. I would also like to add that I shoot the powder, not the pellets. Personal preference I guess. The powder cleans up real easy and you can shot round after round with zero problems.

~SKINEBOY~

big_g
    Isle, MN

Same here. 777 pellets

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

Same here. 777 pellets

big g

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I’m also new to it.I’ve fired about 30 rounds of triple 7 so far.I like it.

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I’m also new to it.I’ve fired about 30 rounds of triple 7 so far.I like it.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Most of the guys at our club have switched from 777 to American Pioneer also…it shoots as well and is cleaner burning IMHO.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Most of the guys at our club have switched from 777 to American Pioneer also…it shoots as well and is cleaner burning IMHO.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Wow, a lot of you have switched away from Pyrodex. I still use the Pyrodex.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Wow, a lot of you have switched away from Pyrodex. I still use the Pyrodex.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I have only tried a few different brands and I am really liking Jim Shockey’s Gold. Burns very clean making it easy to load a lot of projectiles without it being a chore shoving them down the barrel.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I have only tried a few different brands and I am really liking Jim Shockey’s Gold. Burns very clean making it easy to load a lot of projectiles without it being a chore shoving them down the barrel.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.