Wondering if anyone was interested in DURACOAT

• High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

I have started to Duracoat firearms. Anyone’s guns needing a little finish help. I am not a certified finisher nor will I price like one. I just want to get a few more guns painted to see how this stuff holds up. So far it is doing very well on a variety of firearms.

I like it now I want to know what people think.

Shotguns, rifles, handguns. No revolvers paint cannot handle the cylinder face very well. Anyways I will try to get some pictures posted in the mean time anyone interested.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Color me uninformed…what is it?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Color me uninformed…what is it?

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

It is a firearm paint. Replaces bluing and other finish.

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/

It’s a great new finish. I used it for about a year now.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s a stock…paint?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s a stock…paint?

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

Kinda more of a epoxy resin. Do not ever not wear a mask when painting kinda of messes with the lungs.

You can spray it over anything like barrels, recievers, stocks and all kinds of others things.

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

Kinda more of a epoxy resin. Do not ever not wear a mask when painting kinda of messes with the lungs.

You can spray it over anything like barrels, recievers, stocks and all kinds of others things.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Alright…I read the website…I don’t get it?

It protects the metal outside better??

You’re going to have to spell it out for me…you can miss spell…as I do all the time!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Alright…I read the website…I don’t get it?

It protects the metal outside better??

You’re going to have to spell it out for me…you can miss spell…as I do all the time!

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

Haa yeah I kinda suck at the explaining things.

It’s like a replacement finish for guns. Spray it on instead of the finish that is wearing away and it seems to be better than the finish that was originally on it. Basically you paint it and then leave it for 3 weeks then it is ready to use. Better than some finishes worse than others. You can scratch it but it is tough to beat.

Or if you want to make your black gun camo you can do that too.

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

Haa yeah I kinda suck at the explaining things.

It’s like a replacement finish for guns. Spray it on instead of the finish that is wearing away and it seems to be better than the finish that was originally on it. Basically you paint it and then leave it for 3 weeks then it is ready to use. Better than some finishes worse than others. You can scratch it but it is tough to beat.

Or if you want to make your black gun camo you can do that too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

….so are you saying that your XD 45 has this finish??

Are there any guns in the store that have this?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

….so are you saying that your XD 45 has this finish??

Are there any guns in the store that have this?

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

No my XD does not have that finish. Nor does any of our guns at the shop have it but I have quite a guns with the finish.

The black XD’s now have a Melonite finish. Cannot due it in the States because the employees doing the finish only last about 3 years because the XD finish kills them. No one actually does it for that long but iot is very caustic. Melonite that is.

Duracoat is not as caustic but still it is nasty to breathe the fumes or any of the paint. But it holds up very well.

For example you have an old shotgun with a little rust and want a finish that will both be economical and durable. Duracoat would be a good choice.

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

No my XD does not have that finish. Nor does any of our guns at the shop have it but I have quite a guns with the finish.

The black XD’s now have a Melonite finish. Cannot due it in the States because the employees doing the finish only last about 3 years because the XD finish kills them. No one actually does it for that long but iot is very caustic. Melonite that is.

Duracoat is not as caustic but still it is nasty to breathe the fumes or any of the paint. But it holds up very well.

For example you have an old shotgun with a little rust and want a finish that will both be economical and durable. Duracoat would be a good choice.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

get me more info and pricing and I would be interested I have a couple of guns I would like camo’d thanks

corey_waller
    hastings mn

get me more info and pricing and I would be interested I have a couple of guns I would like camo’d thanks

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

What do you think it’s worth. Paint is $75 plus cleaner your talking about $95. The going price on the internet is $200+. I haven’t done very much camo but lots of painting. Also what kind of guns are they? Long or handguns?

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

What do you think it’s worth. Paint is $75 plus cleaner your talking about $95. The going price on the internet is $200+. I haven’t done very much camo but lots of painting. Also what kind of guns are they? Long or handguns?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have a Model 97 that could use a new finish. Would the black be OK for that?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have a Model 97 that could use a new finish. Would the black be OK for that?

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

The pump action shotgun?

Yeah black would be great I have done a few shotguns and really liked it. I would probaly go with a semi-gloss. or maybe a matte.

High_Cap
    St. Paul MN

The pump action shotgun?

Yeah black would be great I have done a few shotguns and really liked it. I would probaly go with a semi-gloss. or maybe a matte.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.