Swivels

• olso2063
    NULL

What are your guys thoughts on small swivels for big baits like rippin raps and puppet minnows?

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Why? I just tie a snap directly to end of my line or (fluorocarbon)leader and use that to attach the bait. Unless I’m perch fishing then I tie direct. Works for every bait I use. less hardware more natural is my reasoning. I only use the snap so I can change baits quickly.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Supposedly reduces line twist when tied several feet above the lure. I do, then run a Florocarbon leader of several feet to a snap then the lure.

olso2063
    NULL

Thanks JD. I feel like I have an extreme paranoia of helicopter bait

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Actually with that puppet minnows it might help after all, I can see your point.

olso2063
    NULL

Joc I just hate when you bring your lure outta the water it just spins sometimes. Can’t imagine a fish wanting to eat that if finicky. May just be over thinking.

joc
    Western and Central, NY

I may have hoof in mouth disease concerning baits like that puppet minnow and swivels. I’ve never used those type of baits. The jigging spoons I’ve used are not connected in the middle so they wouldn’t have that same spin issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.