St croix, Taylors falls

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If anyone is interested in trying the taylors falls area of the croix I usually have a open seat on saturday mornings. This is a very nice strech of river up here with very little boat traffic. I like to chase the eyes around a bit but i have no problem switching over to what ever is bitting. Other than eyes crappies and smallies are next in line up here.
    I try to get over here at least twice and i have no problem heading out in the middle of the week. Saturday morning is my main fishing morning.
    The rig I have is a 14′ john with a 15hp on it so it is a good boat for two people. It does have a pedastal seat in front. It is a pretty good boat for this strech of river but I think I am done taking it out on the bigger streches of river. I took alot of waves over the sides last winter in St Paul and Red Wing.
    So I am looking for a trip on the bigger parts of the river. Heck anyplace the fish are bitting would be fine. If anyone wants to swap a trip on a different strech of the croix i would be interested. I have had a hard time pulling myself of this strech of it.
    Good luck fishing.

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

Mike I live ten minutes west of TF. I would be willing to give that stretch of the croix a try.

David

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Mike,
    I would be willing to fish that part of the Croix sometime with you. I have a deep V 16ft with a 75 on back. We can drop in near Stillwater some Saturday morning and fish from there to Hudson. I haven’t been on the Croix yet this year but did well on that stretch last year. Mille Lacs is just to hot right now . LOL.
    Todd

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

you’ll get on some fish if you go with Mike. really nice stretch of river up there and he knows it well. I owe you one Mike. let me know when you want to hit trhe lower ‘Croix. Walleyes are a little scarce right now from all I hear. They’ll come back around in Sept.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I wont be out on the croix this weekend. Going to try chasing some muskies and some night fishing on Mille Lacs. I should be back over there next weekend.
    Fishing has been a little slow the last couple of weeks. I have still been catching some decent fish. Just not a lot of them. It should start to pick up again in sept.
    I should have a open seat next saturday morning if anyone is interisted. Drop me a PM and i will get ahold of you the middle of next week.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Hey Red Rock. I will be heading out in the morning. send me a PM with your # if you are interisted and i will give you the details. I am hoping the weather wont be to bad in the morning.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I will be back on the upper croix this saturday morning. If anyone is interisted in the front seat it is still open. Send me a PM with a # and I will get ahold of you. I will be checking out the fall holes I normaly fish for walleyes and will end the trip with some crappie fishing up at rock island. If the eyes are not in yet I am sure the smallies will provide some entertainment for us.
    Good luck fishing.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

be aware we got tons of rain over the weekend…. dont know how its affected the river… but I would guess its up higher than normal… was a bit high and muddy when I drove over it the other day….. but I would expect it to rise some more…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks Rivereyes. Im used to fishing the high water this year thats all there is. Its nice to be able to still use the landing at Osceola this late in the season. Makes me wonder what the fall pattern is going to be like this year. I have allready noticed there are still taking crawlers when they usually have switch back to minnows by now.
    Have you made it up rock island fishing crappies yet this year?
    Let me know if you want to get out there some time. It would be nice to compare notes with someone who has some time on the water up here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.