summer patterns

• Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

FT, our league is multi-species, but everyone primarily goes for bass first. We don’t weigh anything. Just have a minimum length of 13″ and a “trophy” length of 20″. I would say the better bags last night averaged around 16″ for 6 fish. Largest was 18 1/2″.
    We lucked out and were the only league on the lake. Quite the contrast from a month ago when we fished it in lieu of Sugar due to that landing be closed. That night there were 3 other leagues. I was a s*** show.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Odd deal. Skipped a dock with a Ned rig and caught a 16 in walleye. Thought it was a crappie at first. Kinda cool

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Holy slime time! Anyone else finding way too many pike lately?

I’m about 40 deep the past 2 outings alone. Its like visiting the snake farm lol

mrpike1973

Yes Gimruis Slime fest lost at least 100 bucks in lures. Wish they liked the cheaper ones doah

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I haven’t caught a pike while bass fishing yet this summer. Are you guys using spinner baits and chatter baits?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Odd deal. Skipped a dock with a Ned rig and caught a 16 in walleye. Thought it was a crappie at first. Kinda cool

My largest Walleye to date came while I was skipping a ring fry under a dock on Tanager bay on Tonka. It was during a club tourney and I thought I had a monster bass. It hung up under the dock for a short time after I set the hook. Got it clear of the dock and it bulldogged with lots of head shakes. I was both surprised and disappointed when it ended up being a Fat 30″ walleye. That was a 1st for me. I have since caught a few other big ones under docks on the horseshoe chain. A walleye under a dock in a scum filled shallow bay, Odd for sure.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its been a few weeks since my last outing, My fishing partner was out of town and I just decided I’d take a break. This is the time of the year that the pike usually get more active ( As if they are not active enough all summer ) probably only 1 more week of bass fishing prior to our fall Canada trip. Usually when we return we start to switch to fall Walleye fishing with a little bass fishing mixed in.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I haven’t caught a <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>pike while <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass fishing yet this summer. Are you guys using spinner baits and chatter baits?

Yes, but not just on those. Prior to my most recent outing, it was on just about anything I was using, even soft plastics like tubes and stick baits fished slower.

Normally I don’t catch near as many when I slow down and use plastics. Didn’t seem to make a difference when the pike were on the war path.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Last year pike were on fire on Platte Lake and in Sullivan, the bass fishing was pretty darn good. I don’t know what happened, but this year the bass fishing is hit and miss on Sully and getting a bite from anything bass fishing on Platte is a challenge.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Got out yesterday afternoon and evening. Started on a lake that’s been rather good to us most of this summer. The fishing was rather tough. Managed a few fish on the normal deeper weedline spots but the size and #’s were way down from past outings. Loaded up and headed to another lake that has been off and on most of this summer. Last time out with high water the fishing was good all along a bank that had water pulling towards an overflow dam. Thinking after the storm a few nights ago maybe that bite would happen again. That area must not have got much rain at all because the lake was way down from the last outing and almost no flow along the bank we wanted to fish. Needless to say that bite was gone. Tried a few of our deeper spots and only managed a few fish. Overall a rather rough outing. I think the normal dog days of summer is here. I believe the fishing will be tough for the next 2-3 weeks until the fall bite kicks In. We will probably get out both Sat. And Sunday this weekend, but I don’t have high hopes. Hopefully I’m wrong and the bite was just off due to the recent storm.

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.