Summer Fishing Tackle Bags

• Hunter Blowers

Hi,

I was wondering what everyone used for summer fishing tackle bags? Also, if anyone has any pictures, or can describe how they organize individual tackle in specific boxes that would be great! Lastly, what other necessities do you keep in your tackle boxes at all times? Fillet knife, pliers etc.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t want to hijack, but this made me think how expensive soft tackle boxes are now adays. When I was a kid $5 get you. A nice plano.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I use the fancy imported ones. Walmart plastic or Fleet bags. Depends on where I buy the tackle that I’m using that day. jester

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’ve owned a Flambeau 5005 ST bag for about 4 years now. It’s a nice bag and it has a ton of storage space. I would recommend it if you are willing to spend that much. Otherwise I have several of the blue bag utility bags from cabelas. They are exceptional and at a price of 9.99 you can’t go wrong

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

I use the Cabelas brand bags. I have 2 sizes and they both have storage for tools, etc…

Unfortunately I’m still trying to find the ultimate organization system.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I guess a lot of it depends on how you fish. I used to have a big Rubbermaid tote packed with Plano 3700 boxes. My boat didn’t have dry storage, and it we perfect because it could sit out in the rain and everything would stay dry.

Now, I’ve got two small kids and have sold the boat. I’ve downsized to a smaller soft bag because I feel like I don’t need to carry the kitchen sink with me. I throw a few 3700s that I will use in the smaller bag. So far, so good.

I recently bought this:
    Bass Pro Shops Freestyle 370

It doesn’t hold a ton, but that’s what I was looking for. Keep it simple! )

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Another thing that works nice is a good, sturdy backpack. Like the ones students use. It is really good if you grow out of a tackle box and just need extra storage, because you can carry both. I mostly used mine for my catfishing tackle. It made it a lot easier hiking a shoreline.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My boat is my primary tackle box/bag. But for the rotation of gear (walleye plastics, salmon plastics, panfish,….) that I do rotate through with bags, I go the cheap way.
    Good Will, St Vincent, or god forsaken garage sales. I find duffel bags for dirt cheap. Plastics are sorted by species – type – Size. Then in labeled gallon zip lock bags. Example – Orange bag = Walleye plastics / contents = 2 (1)gallon bags of ring worms, 2 (1) gallon bags of paddle tails (1 is over >3″ and the other is <3″), bag of pulse-R 2.45’s, bag of Pulse-R 3.25, 1 bag of Moxies small, 1 bag moxies large, 1 bag assorted curl tails and misc other plastics.
    Blue Lake MI bag is set up in a similar way with less bags in it

lundojam

I’ve got a couple of book-sized back packs that I fill with whatever I need from my garage tackle cabinet and peg board. The cranks/lures are sorted by type and size as well as species and stored in plano component boxes in the cupboard. plastics mostly on the peg board like at the store. Then I grab what i need before I go based on where I am going and for what species.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.