Suggested pole mount for Garmin livescope

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Anybody have a better idea for a pontoon?
    This isn’t the ideal situation especially when I forget to pull it in before moving. doah

install a RAM diamond mount ball on the pontoon rail, then use a ram arm + ram claw mount to hold the pole, that’s how I have my dock setup it works great.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ll take pics of my new setup next weekend and post them. I’m still not completely sold on the 1” (B) ram ball being enough but we’ll see. Worst case I swap out for a 1.5” ball, either way I’m super happy with this setup as I can switch platforms and boat positions in a matter of seconds.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Thanks Joe,
    I’ll look into that setup.

Just pulled in a 19″ off the dock!
    Gotta go cork down again!

Attachments:
    1. 20210627_204253-scaled.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hmmmm….I have a the claw mount on the way. My Summit setup is ready except for the rail mount.

Does anyone know if Ram make a ball that fits into their standard rail mounts for rod holders? That would be ideal for my setup.

A ball mount that fits in one of these?

this what you’re looking for?
    https://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-354-419U

Gary

Hey joe

I used the b ball in a homemade Ram setup for ice fishing.

I found it not strong enough open water and went to the C. Waves, wind, and moving at speed it wasn’t strong enough.

For ice next year I’m going to mount C size on a bucket or a cooler and use the arm and open water mount. Ditch the tripod

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hey joe

I used the b ball in a homemade Ram setup for ice fishing.

I found it not strong enough open water and went to the C. Waves, wind, and moving at speed it wasn’t strong enough.

For ice next year I’m going to mount C size on a bucket or a cooler and use the arm and open water mount. Ditch the tripod

I can see that and agree, but the way I summer fish (mostly stationary) the B ball seems to work just fine and I like the smaller size of all the parts.

Here’s my dock and boat setup:

Attachments:
    1. B0510C97-924D-45F6-841C-915850C4782D-scaled.jpeg

2. 4111825B-5520-4FAC-9401-622A5EB74882-scaled.jpeg

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Thanks Joe,
    I’ll look into that setup.

Just pulled in a 19″ off the dock!
    Gotta go cork down again!

EPG
    That don’t look like a dock to me. whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

Forgot to mention the 1st time out using this boat setup resulted in this… it was so cool to watch it swim across the screen and upto my jig and eat! I’m a livescope believer for life…

Attachments:
    1. 141BB477-A7A0-4A70-A0BF-C9C8C9152BDC-scaled.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Forgot to mention the 1st time out using this boat setup resulted in this… it was so cool to watch it swim across the screen and upto my jig and eat! I’m a livescope believer for life…

this one the following weekend, both back swimming in the lake..

Attachments:
    1. 57E1205E-1BEB-449C-A91B-CDCE2251E6B5-scaled.jpeg

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Nice fish Joe!!
    LiveScope is the bomb.

JoeMX1825
    MN

My only issue is I find it much harder to use Downview while in a slightly moving boat. If you look at the transducer in relation to the boat, is it best to keep it turned all the way to the side or pointing straight out when vertically jigging? Either way I don’t get as solid of a lure return and I seem to move out of the beam angle alot? I’m fishing in 15′-20′ fow….

Do you guys typically do 1 or 2 clicks for adjusting the transducer into Downview?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

When I’m not actively scanning with it, I have it pointing straight out the side of the boat. When vertical jigging I’ll turn it some to keep my jig in the cone depending on how the boat is moving.

What transducer are you using? I have the LSV32 and don’t need to turn it to get down view. I select down view or forward view in the unit’s software.

JoeMX1825
    MN

When I’m not actively scanning with it, I have it pointing straight out the side of the boat. When vertical jigging I’ll turn it some to keep my jig in the cone depending on how the boat is moving.

What transducer are you using? I have the LSV32 and don’t need to turn it to get down view. I select down view or forward view in the unit’s software.

LSV32 and yes you don’t need to click it twice for downview, but you’re limiting your cone angle if you don’t right? It just seems like my cone angle is more narrow than it should be, it’s tough to find my jig vertically sometimes…

Gary

Three are 3 flat spots on the LSV32.

Top one is forward middle is downview. Need to have each parallel to the bottom respectively. Just switching the mode on settings doesn’t do much. Need to have the transducer leveled to bottom per setting.

With new updates you can adjust forward view to see behind you more. Not sure downview is relevant to even use open water. I see no advantage using it.

For 35 feet or less. Always have transducer pointed at your line where it meets the water.

Level your transducer as much as possible. Glue a bullseye level to the top of your pole.

Settings
    TVG off
    Noise reject high
    Color gain min 85 up to 100
    Blue color screen
    Last is adjust your gain till you see your jig. Should be stitching rays on your display.

If you can’t see your jig/lure directly under your boat it’s your settings or your transducer is not level.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I have a 2016 alumacraft competitor 175. Anyone have some examples or suggestions of how to mount livescope to this boat? Is mounting necessary? I’m wondering if just holding it over the side with a summit pole will work for scanning. Probably pretty hard to control a boat, hold onto livescope and try to fish all at once I imagine….

bclii
    MN/AZ

I have a 2016 alumacraft competitor 175. Anyone have some examples or suggestions of how to mount livescope to this boat? Is mounting necessary? I’m wondering if just holding it over the side with a summit pole will work for scanning. Probably pretty hard to control a boat, hold onto livescope and try to fish all at once I imagine….

This is how I did mine on my AZ boat. I built the pole and used the Alumatrac with a 2 1/4” ram mount. Not the best picture but you’ll get the idea.

Attachments:
    1. 95092073-BC87-4591-9145-D3F47BB291AC-scaled.jpeg

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Thats great BCLII!! Thanks. Joe messaged me too with some ideas. Looks like I should be able to piece something together using a summit pole and a ram mount

mojocandy101
    Alexandria, MN

What size Ram are you guys using for the summer? I recently got livescope and got the Summit pole (for ice fishing). It looks like the summer mount comes with a size c ball on it. Can you get that tight enough so your pole doesn’t bounce all over the place while driving in some larger waves? Or have you upgraded to a size D?

JoeMX1825
    MN

What size Ram are you guys using for the summer? I recently got livescope and got the Summit pole (for ice fishing). It looks like the summer mount comes with a size c ball on it. Can you get that tight enough so your pole doesn’t bounce all over the place while driving in some larger waves? Or have you upgraded to a size D?

B’s are too weak, C’s work great, D is likely overkill imo unless you plan on trolling at 4-5 mph…then D is likely needed to really crank it down.

I run C size rail mounts on both sides of my bow, I also have a C size drop-in plug for my rear RAM rail mount rod holders, works slick!

Attachments:
    1. 5E1B2E6B-50D0-42C7-81E9-22E2658023B6.jpeg

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I have the exact setup as Joe…if you have rails or can mount a C size ball to the gunnel it’s a good setup.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.