Strikemaster Lazer Pro

• Minnesotakid

Looking at getting the Strikemaster Lazer Pro. I wanted to get some feed back on how they are. Are they reliable, do they hold up, and how are they cutting through ice. I had the Jiffy pro 4 gas augur and have had nothing but problems with it. I don’t want to go through that again.

John Timm

I don’t own a pro, but the 2.5 hp Strikemaster Laser. been an excellent auger so far.Fairly light and drills fast.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

I’ve owned most of the models in the Stirkemaster lineup and the 2.5hp lazer has been the most reliable in my experience. The 3hp lazer pro was the the fastest auger I’ve ever used, but it was loud (needed ear plugs) and I burnt up the engine using synthetics and not keeping a rich enough oil ratio in my gas.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

This is my 4th year with the Lazer Pro I believe and its still going strong. Very quick drilling auger and relatively light for a gas auger. It can take a few pulls to get it going the first time but would be my only complaint. I’ve used some other guys 2hp and 2.5hp auger and all work well, but the 3hp seems to be a bit faster and really shines when you’re drilling through very thick ice like up on Winnipeg.

Minnesotakid

How does the 2.5hp Lazer hold up if I wanna switch it up to a 10 inch bit every once and a while.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

You won’t have a problem with a 10″ at all with the 2.5hp.

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

I am on my second year with the Lazer Pro…. I have no trouble starting it and what a nice auger! A few hundred holes already and I recommend this auger to anyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.