Strikemaster 40V storage tips

• jaybird1

Now that the ice fishing season is coming to an end a few tips for storing your 40V Strikemaster.
    1. Fully charge your li-ion 40V battery pack or packs then store in dry place until next season at 50-80F if you can. Don’t leave battery pack on charger or powerhead.
    2. Remove auger from powerhead, put a little grease on a rag and clean up the powerhead auger shaft, leave a thin grease layer on auger shaft.
    3. Wipe off 40v powerhead make sure it is dry and cleaned up nicely.
    4. Clean up auger spindle and cutting blades, be careful as you know blades are very sharp.

A little preventive adds to many years of great performance.

Sylvanboat

I have read it is advisable to periodically put the battery on the charger to top it off.

Cameron white

Lithium ion batteries don’t loose a charge like lead batteries do.

castle-rock-clown

I’ve been hearing rechargeable lithium ion batteries should be stored at 50 to 70 percent charge and kept in cooler areas like the basement.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I sent Strikemaster an email asking about how to store the batteries during the offseason. I’d heard it both ways, topped off or half-charged. I’d also heard the life of a lithium battery is the same regardless.

I’ll post the response on here.

jaybird1

No need to top off Li-ion if you fully charge for storage as per instructions above.
    There is some slow self discharge on Li-ion, but not nearly as quick as Lead. Most important do not fully discharge battery pack and then store for extended period of time.

Follow instructions I mentioned above and you will have excellent performance and cycle life on 40V Strikemaster product.

Hope this helps.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Strikemaster got back to me and said everything jaybird1 already said, with the addition of charging it once during the offseason.

Here’s an image from the instruction manual:

Attachments:
    1. image001.png

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.