Strikemaster 40v snap cover

• Jimmer Narrett

Anyone have experience with either the strikemaster brand snap blade cover or the coldsnap brand cover?

The auger bit itself is the same as a regular gas auger right? So either one should work?

Just got a 40v and want to try a snap cover if there is a good one out there. The oem cover bands always seem to break at some point.

Thanks in advance.

Smellson

Love my cold snap cover. Had them on my last two augers and never had any breakage.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Just bought a coldsnap cover for my liteflite bit. So far not impressed. It’s a bear to get it attached properly for transporting the auger.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just bought a coldsnap cover for my liteflite bit. So far not impressed. It’s a bear to get it attached properly for transporting the auger.

I was just thinking about buying one for my light flite. Maybe I will keep the stock one for now

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I have a Strikemaster snap cover. I love it! I’ve had the same one since they came out. Guessing 10-15yrs. Very easy to use.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I loved it on my heavy jiffy and Strikemaster gas augers because the rubber strap had to be threaded thru the hole between the flights and the cutting platform. My Pistol is easy to just tip over and put the band across, no need for a snap cover now.

LabDaddy1

Many people put the original bead strap thingies on too tight it seems. I’ve never had an issue with one stretching too much or breaking. Just stretch it to the minimum tension you need to keep it in place and they should last a long time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.