Cedar 11/05/06

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Fished above Janesville, caught 3-4 walleye 10-14″, and one 24″ northern. All on minnows and jig. Water is CLEEEEEEEAR!

01bullitt
    Cedar Falls, IA

Great! was out saturday above the dam in waverly and caught a good sized smally.. had a few bites, but didnt do to hott I was amazed at how clear the water was as well.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Zeroed on the Shell Rock on Saturday. Couldn’t find a deep hole where deep holes used to be. Too much sand filling in the holes. Water was very clear. Had to drive to the Turkey on Sunday to catch some fish.

flatheadsareus

i hear ya.. the water is very very clear, hopefully the nice weather will offer some fishing time. I know the past few days its been really slow for me at least, compared tot he previous two weeks.. where do u fish the turkey at? I fish it by elkader and up river a few miles.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Elkader is pretty good. I haven’t been up river in years.

flatheadsareus

yea its ince up there.. got out below shellrock today and caught two small eyes a crappie and a 23′ toothy. Nothing too big but the gorgous weather made up for it!

ducky
    Waterloo, Iowa

We have hit the Cedar a couple times in the past week and cant seem to find any walleyes. Tried everything we could but have only managed a 28″ Northern and a few snagged quillbacks.
    Are they still real shallow or am I better off to go at night? Any help would be appreciated.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Talked to a friend who has been nailing eyes in all depth ranges it seems, and anytime of the day, on a jig and minnow. Many eaters, and his freind lost one that was 6-8lbs when it got up to the bank. This is in the Waverly area. Very trusted source, the fish seem to be biting, just have to find them i guess??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.