Storage and travel covers

• rvrrunner

I’m looking to have a high quality travel/storage cover made for my Alaskan. Any thoughts on what features I should be looking for and who makes a good one?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Don’t know your location, but if in Twin Cities area, I’ve had great covers and excellent service from Lakes Area Canvas in Chisago, MN just north of the Cities.

They are excellent at building canvas for the owner’s specific needs. In my case, I trailer a lot so unlike most pleasure boats of the size I own, the cover for my boat had to be reinforced specifically for extended trailering, a cover that was just made for sitting in a marina would not have lasted.

Lakes Area has also bent over backwards to get repairs done quickly, even in the peak season for me. A rain/wind storm tore my cockpit cover loose and allowed water to pool, which ended up tearing the canvas. They had me patched up and the canvas was back on my boat in 4 days, even though it was July and they were busy as all getout.

Grouse

Aaron Kalberer

One thing I like for my covers beings I trailer a lot is for it to go far down on the boat, as in I want the cover to cover all paint, even wrap around underneath the boat a bit, that way I do not worry about any road rash on the boat. Ratchet covers are nice as well for quick on and off. Not such a hassle to cover the boat then helps me to actually cover the boat knowing it is quick and painless.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Fabric selection is a big issue with boat travel covers. If you choose either Sunbrella or Topgun you should have a long lasting cover. When I was in CA, my boat was stored outside 24/7/365 and the cover lasted 9 years. If you are able to store any amount of time out of the elements it will last much, much longer.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Not sure where you’re located but I am really happy with my cover from Economy Canvas in East Bethel. His prices will be by far the best you can find for a custom made cover.

Attachments:
    1. image-46.jpeg

mojogunter

Banner canvas in Ham Lake do a great job as well. They make the custom covers for rapid marine customers too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.