Stihl Chainsaws

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I ended up buying a Echo56v Electric chainsaw (18″ bar) that I keep at home for if the needs arises (it hasn’t yet in 2 years, but that’s the beauty of electric saws, they can sit if needed) I have other yard tools (blower/trimmer) that utilize the same battery and that’s the gamechanger imo on deciding if to make the jump to electric. I keep my Husqvarna gas saw at the cabin as I have bigger tree cutting needs up there…

Northern Tool is a sneaky place to get a good non-pro level chainsaw, you can also use their coupons on them…

JEREMY
    BP

I’ve got the Milwaukee cordless chainsaw and love it. I don’t heat with wood so it’s plenty of chainsaw for me. FWIW all the linemen in my area have Milwaukee cordless chainsaws.

I like all the Milwaukee stuff I have but the chainsaw is a POS.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I went to trim some shooting lanes the other day and forgot my chain saw some how. I had a hilti 36v Sawzall and a 12 inch Diablo wood blade. I swear that thing cut 6 inch diameter trees down like it was going out of style. Cut 4 trees and de limbed a ton and didn’t g9 through one battery. That’s going to be my new easy carry limb cutter.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I went to trim some shooting lanes the other day and forgot my chain saw some how. I had a hilti 36v Sawzall and a 12 inch Diablo wood blade. I swear that thing cut 6 inch diameter trees down like it was going out of style. Cut 4 trees and de limbed a ton and didn’t g9 through one battery. That’s going to be my new easy carry limb cutter.

it just kills your arm though with all that vibration…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Breaks my heart reading this thread.
    Sticker was a very nice Man.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I went to his house and bought gear off of him before his passing. He was a very nice guy. I didn’t know him personally but he was very easy to get along with and easy to talk to.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

That no wrench or screwdriver chain tightening feature on my husky is very very, very nice.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I like all the Milwaukee stuff I have but the chainsaw is a POS.

I took down ~25 trees last winter and cut up a few that had already fallen. Mostly infested green ash but some boxelder. Diameters from 7″-15″ with heights from 40-70 feet. The Milwaukee M18 chainsaw handled all that fine with no issues. I was actually impressed by it. Came with the 12 amp battery and bought two 6 amp so I can always be cutting. I might not use it until, I dunno. That’s why I went electric.
    If I had a need for a gasser, I’d get a Husky.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

First thing that jumped out at me when I read this as well. Tim was a great guy and I miss his face here at work everyday. Our interactions always left me walking away laughing at his sayings. I try to use them with those that knew him here and they all smile and talk about how he is missed.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.