St Paul ICE Show. Lets Hear the deals!!!

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

$40 for some custom cut styrofoam! The case alone was $100 when I walked by. It is the most durable one on the market but the striker ice one is my next case if I ever upgrade. They were going like hotcakes out there it seemed.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    Found an even better deal on the predator ice suit from Reed’s than from Dick’s on cyber monday after they couldn’t fulfill my order. Jacket and bibs in XL for $300. Tomorrow it may be 40% if they have any left. I checked all the big players and the best I could get was 20% so once again Reed’s came through.

Reeds didn’t have the size for the color I was looking for. Went over to marine general talked to one of the sales people from striker she said everyone was only supposed to be doing 20% haha. Talked to a sales guy from marine general he matched the 25%. Would have stuck with reeds seems like they were open to dealing the most but happy with the deal I got that was still because of them.

I actually optioned for having the suit shipped to my house so it is not a done deal yet. They only had a few on hand in XL so they were asking people to go that route so others could try the sizes on. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite me for being thoughtful of others? The guy I dealt with seemed pretty confident that I would get that price regardless….we shall see? I have had good success with Reed’s in the past so I am not concerned. I guess I will take my 30% and hope for the best.

Nick Johnson

It was my first time at the show and all I can say is wow!!! The sport of ice fishing is on the rise. Great deals everywhere.. I was looking for an lx7 and ended up getting one from marine general. Great people and got a sweet price! Cheapest offer I had from all vendors. Ended up getting it for $615 and got 2 t shirts, 1 sweatshirt, and 2 beanie caps free. Saved $200 bucks! I’ll be back next year..

paxton ascheman

You can purchase the new IonX 8in model for $475 at Capra sporting goods.

Fishwater83

Got four rattles and four covers for $105 at the show.

Attachments:
    1. 6C780948-F888-4450-ACE1-8DD4A0AE259C.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Didn’t turn out the way I planned.
    I wanted to pick up 3 Fire house tip ups.
    The wife wanted a bloody mary first, so off we head to take care of that. To my surprise the Fire house tip up booth was right next to the bar. So far so good. After getting the Mrs. taken care of (I got a bloody also) we walk over to get my tip-ups. “Any show specials” I ask. “No” he replies. “How much are they?” I already know they are $99.99. He says $100 a piece. What the #$%^? I said you were selling them at the Blaine show for $80. He said not us. Maybe Reeds. Never made it to Reeds. Me and the Mrs. got into a disagreement flame and ended up going home. bawling
    Looks like I will be paying full price. woot

gator800r

Anyone catch price on the Otter Sportsman Caddy and the Otter PRO LED light kit?

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Will the insert for the sportsmans case actually hold 6 rods? Will it allow you to leave the handles up or do you have to fold them? I looked on there site but did not see them.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Didn’t turn out the way I planned.
    I wanted to pick up 3 Fire house tip ups.
    The wife wanted a bloody mary first, so off we head to take care of that. To my surprise the Fire house tip up booth was right next to the bar. So far so good. After getting the Mrs. taken care of (I got a bloody also) we walk over to get my tip-ups. “Any show specials” I ask. “No” he replies. “How much are they?” I already know they are $99.99. He says $100 a piece. What the #$%^? I said you were selling them at the Blaine show for $80. He said not us. Maybe Reeds. Never made it to Reeds. Me and the Mrs. got into a disagreement flame and ended up going home. bawling
    Looks like I will be paying full price. woot

Does Reeds sell them? If so call up there and ask what their show special is on them. I have found Reeds to match or beat anybody’s price on about everything.

bigpike

Anyone catch price on the Otter Sportsman Caddy and the Otter PRO LED light kit?

Got one from reeds, the caddy $55

gator800r

Wow thats a great price. Hopefully I can get one for the same price in Milwaukee.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Dutch,
    I went online at Reeds and they were full price. I did the VIP pricing but it was still a No Go.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Dutch,
    I went online at Reeds and they were full price. I did the VIP pricing but it was still a No Go.

Call them Monday, tell them what you were quoted at the show and ask for a price match. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took care of you.

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

Will the insert for the sportsmans case actually hold 6 rods? Will it allow you to leave the handles up or do you have to fold them? I looked on there site but did not see them.

Yes it actually will hold 6 rods, that being said it is 4 rods with reels and 2 just being the rod itself. You can leave the handles up now.

kidfish

Thanks again Paxton. We appreciate the business!

c_w
    central MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Dutch,

Call them Monday, tell them what you were quoted at the show and ask for a price match. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took care of you.

He was quoted $100. Why wouldn’t they honor that price?

Polarisman2161

Wasn’t able to make it to the show, but saw that Scheels has some fantastic deals this week! Pflueger President reels for $29.99 and 25% off ice jigs to name a few. Free shipping as well.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I grabbed an Otter Sportsman case at the St. Paul show. Didn’t know about the TUCR insert…now I need that! shock

I test fitted some rods last night and didn’t like the pressure put on the reels with the handles left folded out. Didn’t think about that before buying that case….

I don’t see the custom cut inserts on the TUCR site. Anyone know if you can order them individually?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

$20 Parking
    $8+ Beers
    $20 of gas to get to and from the show

…there’s 0% chance I’d give up a Saturday of fishing to go shove through those crowds

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

I don’t see the custom cut inserts on the TUCR site. Anyone know if you can order them individually?
    [/quote]

Send an email to [email protected] and they’ll take care of you!

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

My wife and I pulled our boys from school on Friday and made a weekend out of it. I bought a Striker Hardwater jacket from Mike Anselmo at UpNorth for $200 and a pair of new leather Striker gloves from Josh at Thorne Bros for $55 (normally $90), plus a dozen or so No.3 Rippin Raps. It was nice seeing my boys interact with the pro staff members (namely James, Brad Hawthorne, and Joel Nelson), and seeing their love of the sport bloom made the cost of the weekend TOTALLY worth it. First thing they did when we got home? They turned on the TV and watched Episode 2 of IDO on YouTube…

Attachments:
    1. 66C1FEB2-77C2-4ECF-9ABD-396DA069EBA9.jpeg

2. C2E0F19C-EF3B-48D9-BA31-E5CF09FC4199.jpeg

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Send an email to [email protected] and they’ll take care of you!
    [/quote]

Yep, sent an email this morning. Said he’d get them up on the site when more arrived.

Guess I’m folding handles in the meantime. roll

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.