St Croix River Weekend Reports

• hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Sounds like saugers are making a comeback. They have been a little scarce on the Croix in years past. Good to hear.

This is because the rollers are open again at L&D #3. All you guys taking the Pool 4 fish that migrated up to the Croix. )

We’ll take em. waytogo

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Walleyes again yesterday trolling lead pounding bottom.

Great tactic to catch fishing line too. Must have collected 100 yds of line yesterday

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Anything lead is harvesting. More so with hand lines. Same category as spears, nets and dynamite. whistling

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Anything lead is harvesting. More so with hand lines. Same category as spears, nets and dynamite. whistling

Blanket statements are never true when talking fishing, but what do I know

Lead fish 9#

The fishing method doesn’t decide what is going to bite, the fish make that decision

Attachments:
    1. CameraZOOM-20160510191751772-1.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Just kidding. Took you long enough bite! I may try the Croix sat morning.

fred bartling

It was great to get the boat out. I’ve been later then usual this year but better late then never! Put in at Stillwater and motored down to Hudson narrows. Lots of boats out and it looked like everyone was catching fish of some kind or another. I ended up getting about 10 walleyes with two being “keepers”. Most of my fish came slow drifting a jig. To mix things up I also fished a blade bait with good success. Along with the walleyes came the usual sheepshead and a couple of bonus smallmouth. The river seemed in great shape with some debris but mostly smooth boating.

Of course you can’t bet a day on the St. Croix. I did notice something that has changed over the years and for the better. When I first started fishing the river sheepshead were considered junk fish. I remember watching fisherman kill them, then throw them back. Today this practice isn’t evident, at least what I have seen.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Anyone have any success last week casting cranks or jerk baits up onto shallow flats for walleyes? I’m thinking about giving trolling a break and giving this a try.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve done very well the last 3 days fishing crawlers in 15-18′.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Did really good pulling cranks Saturday. Lot’s of healthy fish in that system….anyone have results from the Beach Bar tourney Saturday?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Hey Jesse, Carl Stayberg and Chuck Reisinger won with 10 fish (17 lbs). Here are the results.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2816.jpg

2. IMG_2817.jpg

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thanks bZZsaw…dang I should’ve gotten in on that.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.