Srikemaster 24v question

• captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Is the auger actually a strikeflite? I have a 6″ strikeflite and would like to use the 8″ from the 24 v on my drill. Can it handle the increased speed? Tx

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Not sure what you mean but your drill should be on the lower speed setting and speed is determined by far you pull that trigger.?.?

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Even on low speed, the drill spins the auger way faster than the 24v version does. So,…I was wondering if the design of the screws are different. I would guess they are not different unless the speed affects performance.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Isn’t it a variable speed drill? Just on and off? Is it a real inexpensive drill?

B-man

It will work fine.

Once you put a load on both they spin at similar speeds. The drill is faster “running dry”, but in the ice will be similar to the 24v

As always, make sure you’re in first gear with the drill and have the hammer setting off.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

I’ve used them both. Drill is significantly faster than 24v even in the slower gear. I don’t think there is any reason to not go full speed with any except to not spray chips when starting. Strikemaster 24V is quicker than an Ion however. Gas comparable to the drill.

I should be fishing later this week with a friend with 8″ strike flite and another with a 24V. I should be able to visually compare the augers. I’ll let everyone know.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

So you go full speed even when it’s too fast? I must not be understanding. Good luck.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Sorry,…I want to know if the 24v auger can be spun fast like a strike flite and still be efficient on the battery. Or if its designed to go slow,…less speed more bite vs less bite and more speed.

B-man

Sorry,…I want to know if the 24v auger can be spun fast like a strike flite and still be efficient on the battery. Or if its designed to go slow,…less speed more bite vs less bite and more speed.

I’m so confused….

You want to spin the 24v powerhead faster?

What do you mean by strike flite? You mean Lite Flite?

Are you wondering if an 8″ Lite Flite bit will work on a drill?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’m so confused….

Pretty sure he said auger, not powerhead.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>
    I’m so confused….

Pretty sure he said auger, not powerhead.

Well that’s what I’m not understanding.

He says 24volt auger (like the combination)

The 24volt comes with a 6″ or 8″ bit.

It sounds like he’s already using a 6″ Lite Flite on a drill. Is he wondering if a drill can spin an 8″ Lite Flite?

Of course you could, but I’d worry a lot more about the drill than the auger. An 8″ takes some torque to turn. I run a 7″ lazer hand auger in my drill for that reason. It’s a nice compromise between the 6″ and 8″. Super compact too. Easily fits in a one man shelter with all the other gear.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

The simpler question,…are the augers on a 24v strike master the same as the same sized lite flite? I got a chance to look at the two versions yesterday,…looks like they are. No safety plate and the hookup a bit different. Sorry to have confused everyone. I was thinking of buying a strikemaster for the fish house since it goes slow but have the chance to use it early ice for walleyes where a 6 inch hole is a bit small. yeah, you can feather the trigger but its easy to hit it and throw ice all over.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.