Spring Trout Fishing

• Tyler Thimsen

I love Spring Trout fishing! Went out this past weekend for our first Spring river outing and had a great morning. Trout were active and seemed to be biting a wide variety of things. HD Trout from DL patterns that worked were the Bubblegum pink, natural trout pattern, ghost cutthroat, and the brown got some bites too. Lots of bumps throughout the morning as well. I even felt good enough to try out my new Orvis Clearwater Fly fishing outfit. Personally, I feel I’ve become fairly proficient at stillwater fly fishing but am CLUELESS at river fly fishing. I finally got my first two bites EVER this day and both got off, but I feel it’s progress😂🎣 I just need to spend more time focusing on that when i’m out. Another fun highlight, was my GF, Cheyenne got her first “pretty” brown. She always complains about getting the off colored greyish ones😂

It was a warm day, with temps starting at the high 50’s and ending near 80 degrees by the time morning was over. Water temps were cold and the runoff seems to be coming in, but water visibility was still good. I got a few underwater shots and you can see it’s still about 1-2 feet of visibility. Wind was off and on but nothing too crazy. Overall, really happy with our first Spring outing and can’t wait to get out again! Hope you enjoy the pictures and/or video below!

Attachments:
    1. SnapShot12-1.jpg

2. SnapShot11-2.jpg

3. SnapShot10-1.jpg

4. SnapShot9-1.jpg

5. SnapShot8-1.jpg

6. SnapShot7.jpg

brandmoney

Those are some good shots. Keep it up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.