SPOT LOCK INTERFERENCE WITH STRUCTURE SCAN

• Crappy Fisherman

I have a 2017 Minn Kota Ulteera and the Spot Lock is giving me interference on my HDS GEN 3 locators, I have 2 12’s and 1 9 all networked and NEMA 2000 and a Point 1 antenna. The only time I get interference is when I use the Spot Lock. All locators are run off the starting battery. I have a 3 bank charger hooked to the starting and both trolling motor batteries.

Crappy Fisherman

Thanks, I’ve isolated them one at a time disconnected the point 1 and heading sensor. Next will be to disconnect the charger from the starting battery. Never had this problem with my old Terrova.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Take the top off the Ulterra and check the ground wire fuse. I had interference issues and that was it. DI and 2D are now clear. I still get a slight milky cast on the SI. Not sure why it would only be with the SL on. That makes no sence. Most interference is caused by the power modulation. That’s why it goes away when the trolling motor is on high.

Crappy Fisherman

Thanks, I sent Minn Kota a mail Sunday morning and they replied Sunday night at 10:30 pm. Good customer service. They listed 6 things to check. I’ve already checked the fuse, transducer connection and rerouted the power cord to the front locator. Won’t be able to check till I get on the water.

Crappy Fisherman

I have a 2017 Minn Kota Ulteera and the Spot Lock is giving me interference on my HDS GEN 3 locators, I have 2 12’s and 1 9 all networked and NEMA 2000 and a Point 1 antenna. The only time I get interference is when I use the Spot Lock. All locators are run off the starting battery. I have a 3 bank charger hooked to the starting and both trolling motor batteries.

Thanks for all of the help, finally got it working right. It seems I had a bad batch of fuses. They looked perfectly fine. I changed the fuse 3 times and same with interference. Bought a new box of fuses and first one worked like a charm. Who would have guessed that many fusee could be bad.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Thanks for all of the help, finally got it working right. It seems I had a bad batch of fuses. They looked perfectly fine. I changed the fuse 3 times and same with interference. Bought a new box of fuses and first one worked like a charm. Who would have guessed that many fusee could be bad.

What was “bad” about the fuses? Glass tube or spade type fuses? Did you check continuity on them? I’m no electronics expert, but it seems to me either a fuse is blown or it’s not. If it’s not blown, why would it create the interference problem? Just trying to learn something for future reference.

Crappy Fisherman

Good question, I’m no expert either. The fuses looked good but I still got interference. Maybe they weren’t pushed in right, all I know is it’s working now. If it happens again at least I’ll know where to look. Knowing everything else is hooked up and working right makes it easier to find the problem.

Crappy Fisherman

Reading the manual is the first thing I do before installing anything.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Reading the manual is the first thing I do before installing anything.

That’s just my signature line; on every post. Wasn’t aimed at you in particular. toast

Crappy Fisherman

Didn’t take it that way. At 69 years need all the the help I can get. By the time winters over I spend more time relearning what I forgot over the winter than fishing. The nice part is nobody asks to borrow my boat because it’s to intimidating and complicated for them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.