Sportsman’s Warehouse

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Had lunch at Potbelly in Coon Rapids today and noticed several people wearing Sportsman’s Warehouse shirts. I aske one gentleman when they open. He said tomorrow. We chatted a little bit about the store and what they have and don’t have. I get up to pay and he buys my meal.

I thought this would be a good way to try and return the favor.

FYI. He claims the store is packed wall to wall with gear with a lot of emphasis on fishing gear.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

where is the store located? I love Sportsmans warehouse!!

munchy
    NULL

Can’t wait!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We need a GOOD outdoor store in Woodbury too!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Next to Home Depot in the Riverdale area.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

We need a GOOD outdoor store in Woodbury too!

X2 or even Oakdale!

Thanks for the info Biggill waytogo

Charles

Thank god I can’t wait for this store to open again. By the way we really really need to get some up brained/baxter.

CBMN
    North Metro

Definitely looking forward to having the store back in my area. I thin they also have a grand opening event on Thursday the 2nd.

Angler II

Had lunch at Potbelly in Coon Rapids today and noticed several people wearing Sportsman’s Warehouse shirts. I aske one gentleman when they open. He said tomorrow. We chatted a little bit about the store and what they have and don’t have. I get up to pay and he buys my meal.

I thought this would be a good way to try and return the favor.

FYI. He claims the store is packed wall to wall with gear with a lot of emphasis on fishing gear.

SW used to be my go to store for sporting goods until they closed 10 years ago. Excited to have them back and hope they kept up on the quality of gear and service as it was second-to-none. Even more so now that cabelas went in the tank.

basseyes

Nice to have another option.

Walking out of cabelas more and more without spending a dime and frustrated cause their tackle selection just plain sucks.

blackbay
    mn

They used to carry a bit different inventory than the typical stores around along with the standard stuff.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well the wifey is gonna be mad when I find a excuse to spend a bunch of money there’s tomorrow

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Great story and because of that, I’ll have to give it look! That was very nice of them and represented the business well.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Sounds promising! Is it just the one location for now?

label033

I helped out setting the Federal ammo display in this store last week, and got to talking to several of the workers. Good people there. The store is looking great, should do really well. I’m excited about it.

Federal ammo display

I liked SW a lot. I still have a ton of NIP baits I bought when they closed shop. doah

Hey Label, do you happen to know JJ R. @ Federal?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m going to head over there after work today. I’ll report what I think about the store.

Snake ii’s

+1 on waytogo for SW – like their selection and prices. Staff is always very helpful and knowledgeable. Shopped there while on vacation, sadly nowhere near us in SW Ohio.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Biggill how was the store ?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I had flashbacks when I was walking in. It looked like the old sw at first. Overall the fishing selection is good. Better than anyone else in town with exception of Thorne Bros maybe. The actually had trolling flashers and several downriggers for sale. They also had a decent selection of releases. These are some of the things on my future shopping list so I made mental notes. Staff is friendly. The marine section can’t touch gander outdoors or Hallberg Marine.

Good place for me to stop over lunch or after work if I need something.

label033

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>label033 wrote:</div>
    Federal ammo display

I liked SW a lot. I still have a ton of NIP baits I bought when they closed shop. doah

Hey Label, do you happen to know JJ R. @ Federal?

I do, not well but know of him

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Why did they ever close in first place, I can’t remember the reason but I always went to the St. Cloud store when it was open. Still shooting their name brand bow made by bowtech.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Stopped by today. Nice shop but they didn’t have the line I wanted. (Neither did vados, capras, thorn bros, or BP fleet farm.)

It always amazes me how afraid store buyers are to step outside the box. Like we definitely need 10 different tests of the same color braid by 3 different brands, but god forbid we carry even one box of metered braid. I get it, it’s a tough business. I try not to buy tackle online but it can get frustrating.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sticker wrote:</div>

Next to Home Depot in the Riverdale area.

The Coon Rapids location started their Grand Opening yesterday through tomorrow. I stopped in last night after work to check it out and was disappointed that some of their Grand Opening specials were already sold out. I suppose it’s one of those deals to get you in the door (limited quantities while supplies last). frown

Overall it seemed adequate and the layout was just like I remember of the old stores. I was surprised they had a Striker Ice display set up already in a center isle, but upon sorting through the gear it appeared that it was all leftovers from last year.

Oh, and they have a trout pond set up in the parking lot in case you want get in some quick fishing after shopping. smile

B-man

A buddy and I checked it out Wednesday.

Seems like a decent place, but I was disappointed in their Great Lakes fishing stuff. Just enough to tease a guy, but not enough to do any good.

One thing however, they have a great terminal tackle selection compared to a lot of places. I walked out $50 poorer.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s one thing about SW. They will listen to their customers if at all possible.

The Woodbury store didn’t carry the catfishing hooks I used. I told (whined) to the manager and within 2 weeks they had their own little hook.

One of the practices that’s common with these types of stores is that they can’t transfer items from one store to the other in a reasonable amount of time. More so with only one store in MN but hopefully that will change.

What brought this to mind was the Great Lakes tackle. If they could look up what a person’s looking for and if it’s at another store, it would be a win win to have it transferred.

BFishN tackle was a perfect example. One store is out of Cotton Candy Paddle Tails and another store hardly ever sells that flavor. Move it to the higher volume area instead of letting it gather dust.

I get the whole buyer position. Forecasting what’s going to be in demand at each store 6 months or more out. Need a pretty good crystal ball!

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Stopped in there on Wednesday. I was happy with the selection. shelves were well stocked. Picked up some plastic Kalins watermelon with red fleck, bobber stops, and a ratchet strap.

Was refreshing to walk into an outdoors store that was more than clothes.

Was most impressed by the camping section.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Got a chance to roam around the store today after work. They said they have reloading stuff so i figured it would be the typical small shelf in the back. Boy was I wrong. They had the best in store selection of bullets i have seen along with powder and primers. By far the best reloading stock i have seen at a bigger store in awhile. Seems like a great addition to the area!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.