Sport top on boat storage?

• carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

I just bought a Lund sport top for my 2018 1875 Impact. What is the best way to store it on board when not using it? If folded down to the rear it rests on the livewell. A friend with a 1775 says his will lay on the floor but mine is too wide for that. Am I missing something?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

While running I would just pin it up but leave it in it’s travel case that zips around it. I almost never haul mine with unless there are women or kids on the trip.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

I have a lund adventure 1775. Mine is wider also but it can be coaxed down to the floor.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Problem is the Impacts have the storage gunnels half way up the sides making it hard to have a full 96″ wide top store on the floor that’s 80″ wide. I have a Impact 1775 also and just store it on the rear deck, I can still open my live well if needed or just store it up but closed with the storage boot on. I thought about talking the 3 frame post apart in the middle and make the top smaller to store but Have not had any problems with the set up I have now. The factory over priced tops are 80″ wide and store on the floor but when putting them up you have to stretch the post to get them to mount to the gunnels.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I place my sport top on the floor in my 1775 impact just fine, not sure what’s different about the 1875. Fit is snug for me, have to squeeze the sides in slightly to get it down there

Tom Baugh

I have an XS as well, the top tucks under the back seat area. like the picture in the lund gallerys Lund Gallery

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2024-07-03-093320.jpg

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Factory tops are a little skinner then aftermarket and fit on the floor. Problem with aftermarket is they only make certain sizes and they do not match the Factory Lund size, hens not being able to fit on the floor and have to store it across the back deck.

I have an XS as well, the top tucks under the back seat area. like the picture in the lund gallerys Lund Gallery

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.