Stren Sonic Braid?

• BowedUp

Went to purchase some new line for the coming year and was looking for Stren Super Braid. Found out that apparently it has been disconintued in favor of the new Stren Sonic Braid. Has anyone had any experience yet with this line that they could share?

Thanks!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Just my opinion here, but do yourself a favor and look into the Cortland Braid! Dean Marshall of Everts strung me up (My Reels that is…) With it on my pitchind rods and I am in love with it. My trolling rods are next!!!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Just my opinion here, but do yourself a favor and look into the Cortland Braid! Dean Marshall of Everts strung me up (My Reels that is…) With it on my pitchind rods and I am in love with it. My trolling rods are next!!!

In your opinion Tuck, what makes the Cortland stand out from others like pp, fireline, sonic, etc? Always looking for that edge with braided lines.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Dean Marshall of Everts strung me up

That is always a possibility Tuck!

I am also going to try the Cortland from Dean…their Endurance Mono is excellent!

jjkouba
    Princeton, MN

I tried the stren super braid last year and wasn’t happy at all. Hopefully the new stuff is better, but I will not be risking it. Sorry to be so negative, but that was just my observations.

Cortland does make some outstanding line. I also like Power Pro a lot.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

From what i’ve heard they’ve improved the gel coating on the line…I’ll buy a spool again and see how it goes…

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I have one reel spooled up with it. Unlike the Super Braid, the color does NOT come off and make your hand blue green while fishing it, which is a GOOD thing. It is a little louder through the guides than Power Pro, about the same as Suffix as far as I can tell. The color is darker and ALOT better than Suffix braid though IMO. We’ll see how it holds up over time and how it is strength wise, but so far I would say it is an improvement and a good product.

I preferred Power Pro to the old Stren Braid and Suffix, the only braid I’ve had that I hated was the original Stren Kevlar and the Spiderwire Stealth.

BowedUp

I’m interested to hear the answer to the question about the Cortland braid too.

I guess it is all in what you got used to when you started with braid but I have just the reverse experience of many in that I tried PP after SB and hated it for the same reasons many said they did not care for SB…go figure!

May give that Cortland a whirl too but am going to get a spool of Sonic Braid as well.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Please keep everyone in tune on your line trials. I have been using ppro for 2 years now and have not found anything to beat it all around.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.