Bed Baits

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Wut baits do u guys like to tease them with on their beds during the spawn? I’ve always had good luck with a tube….just curious wut u guys like

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I’ve always like to use a lizard on a stand up jig. Tubes work well also. Lately i’ve been using a senko worm hooked wacky. Sometimes you have to experiment to find out what pisses them off .

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Try a medium leech on a floating jighead 12 inches from a split shot. Or on a dropshot setup. Works everytime

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I use a 5″Senko for LM on a 4/0 hook, and smallies a 4″ senko on a 2/0 hook.
    Jack

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Every plastic I have until they hit something.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

do you guys use cranks at all I find using them less exciting compared to jig worming or any other plastic method…

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

A big white jig. I can see it plain as day and plop it right where it needs to go.

SproBoy

if they dont bite a plastic right away throw a big swim bait by them.. something about that makes them mad.. then throw your plastic back…see what happens.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

When clean water conditions allow, I still like that twitch of the original black and silver floating rapala Great bait when we were kids but haven’t thrown it in a long time. Good question Jon

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Brite color 5″ tube with 1/2 a tablet of Alka Seltzer. “Oh what a relief it is”

BowedUp

Dropshot or anything resembling a bluegill or c-rigged lizard.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

I just use a lindy rig and a big old worm. Drag the bait on the bed, wait, watch and set the hook.

If that doesn’t work, use a big treble hook with a sinker pinched on the shank and jerk it across the fishes back. Gets ’em every time.

Just kidding.

The Dog.

CaptZ21

Well I just participated and not well in the FLW Tour Event on Lake Norman. I wanted to learn more about bed fishing and knew this event could be a bed event. I was right, and also lucky in that the two draws I got both ended up in the top ten, one was first after two days and the other was 6th. Cant tell you everything I learned but I did see just about all of them want at least one go to WHITE bait. Creature baits were a bait of preference. One was pegged one wasn’t and that is how they wanted to fish it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.