Bass on pool 7

• buck_slayer01

Me and a buddy went out on pool 7 today to try and catch some walleyes by the damn but didnt have much luck so we went searching for some bass and ran up on quite a few of them we found some backwaters that were part open and tried spinners and cranks with no luck so I switched to a jig and started catching 1 after another we were fishing in 3-6 fow and were just letting it fall next to some of last years vegitation. The water temp was 44-46 degrees where we were fishing not alot of big fish but alot of fun below are 2 of the better ones of the day.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

NICE!!!!!!!!!! NO SOFT WATER HERE YET!

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

so why is one side of the photo scratched out? would it have shown were you were?

riverfan
    MN

Nice work, 44-46 degree water is awesome.

John

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Nice Bass…. Jealous a bit here. Nice water temps for this time of year, must be shallow and dark bottom.

Hope to get a few of my own in a couple of days.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Those white reeds on shore are crazy tall!!!!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

This report completes me man..I can’t beleive it’s finally here. You guys just gave me the confidence to spend a 12 hr day on the water tomorrow, I am going to get that first fish dangit!

buck_slayer01

Actuly the water is crystal clear with my polarized sun glasses I was seeing bass everywhere even right under the boat. I actuly saw one fish pick up my buddies jig and I told him to set the hook.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

haha I know right…You have no idea how pumped I was last night..Flipping that first fish in the boat today was surreal..

riverfan
    MN

Great news guys. I have a question. Most of our water on pool 4 is still frozen. Does your spot have current?

John

LipJerker

Looks to me like a Lake right next to third…lol maybe called second lake. Well i guess thats as close as you can get to pool 7 and find 46 degree water. I cant believe those white weeds grew over the gate there though.

kris_brantner
    My river

actually, it was third… i fished it saturday and caught em. had to dump the boat over some ice thou

milkdud
    WI

nice bass. 44-46 digree 4 this time of year is good. wait till it gets to 65-70 digrees then it will be really good in the back waters

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.