Does amyone have one bass fishing secret they….

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

well I am going to go old school and tell you that Ripple rind on the back of a spinnerbait really makes a difference in COLD WATER.. 39 to 55 degree water.. and I really mean a difference..

they want that pork in cold water..

on the other hand.. I would give some body something nice if I could finally catch a bass on a FLUKE.. because I can’t do it.. I have had guys tear them UP in my own boat,, but I can’t get a bass to bite.. Gar, carp.. sheep of the deep.. but no bass.. stripers..

and it drives me nutz… but according to my wife, its a very short drive..

BowedUp

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When fishing with a buzzbait always

That trick never works!

I agree…. that NEVER works.

Apparently it was a trick but not a secret….

jwall

You guys may think im crazy but i fish a lake where there is barely any bass fishing pressure and i use a plain yellow mister twister with a little bit of gulp attractent on it and i also use white spinnerbaits. I even use crappie minnows under a float for em :

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Quote:

I even use crappie minnows under a float for em :

You use live bait for bass? I didn’t think they hit live bait?

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Quote:

i fish a lake where there is barely any bass fishing pressure

And I suppose that’s a secret, too?

kdb

Quote:

Do you think a red colored chatterbait would be good in the springtime for bass? I hear it’s killer down south.

I’m wondering if a red chatterbait fished in the same conditions as a red lipless crankbait might not be a good option…

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

notice the color of this rat-l-trap i was using south of the border. it was silver and blue with streaks of red. obviously they liked it

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Quote:

Quote:

Do you think a red colored chatterbait would be good in the springtime for bass? I hear it’s killer down south.

I’m wondering if a red chatterbait fished in the same conditions as a red lipless crankbait might not be a good option…

jwall

MNfish both of those are secrets. im sorry

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I had good luck on Swimming Senko’s last summer. I’m also a big fan of Sizmic Pop’N Toad (FLOATING).

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Quote:

Quote:

this spring on fork we were using red rattletraps around grass so I tried a red and orange brovarney swim jig with an orange single tail- my first 2 fish were 6-5 and 7-11. Im sure a red chatterbait would work too!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

this spring on fork we were using red rattletraps around grass so I tried a red and orange brovarney swim jig with an orange single tail- my first 2 fish were 6-5 and 7-11. Im sure a red chatterbait would work too!

I wanna go there!!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

I wanna go there!!

Road trip

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

3 Fishing Boats, enough gear to stock a Bait Shop, two pointing dogs, guns for all seasons, vacations in Belize, Mexico, etc. All around Fishing and Hunting. Fast forward the tape………

I used a 2 carat solitaire ring on some 65 braid and threw it out on Rainy Lake, knelt down on one knee and asked my bride to marry me on the bow of my 203 Champion. Told her she was a great catch.

3 years later, I have a couple of kids,a lab and rarely go fishing or hunting anymore. My buddies used to think I was a guide. I used to never need to use Sta-bil or Sea Foam. Now my gear seems to rust before I get to use it again.

Is this a secret? Nobody told me.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Quote:

3 Fishing Boats, enough gear to stock a Bait Shop, two pointing dogs, guns for all seasons, vacations in Belize, Mexico, etc. All around Fishing and Hunting. Fast forward the tape………

I used a 2 carat solitaire ring on some 65 braid and threw it out on Rainy Lake, knelt down on one knee and asked my bride to marry me on the bow of my 203 Champion. Told her she was a great catch.

3 years later, I have a couple of kids,a lab and rarely go fishing or hunting anymore. My buddies used to think I was a guide. I used to never need to use Sta-bil or Sea Foam. Now my gear seems to rust before I get to use it again.

wow…heavy stuff…sounds like somebody needs to go…BASS FISHING!!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Quote:

wow…heavy stuff…sounds like somebody needs to go…BASS FISHING!!

Or get the family hooked on fishing again. Priorities man, priorities.
    I hear you though, it tough to juggle it all at once. It will get better. I love it when I pick up my kids from school and on the way home they ask if we can go fishing tonight.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

It is good and the priorities are in line…when you wait until you are 40 to get married and have kids – A GUY CAN GET A LITTLE SET IN HIS WAYS. The wife is using the tri-tronics on me every time I try to sneak off the property. Odd that she knew what the training collar was for????

I CAN’T WAIT until my kids want to go fishing and hunting. My little nephew is already into it and he is only 5. A little trooper with the patience of Jobe.

My wife likes to go out in the boat too. I was just giving you all a little “whine” with that cheesy post.

OPEN WATER IS SOON!!!!!!!

The Dog

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.