Best braid for baitcasters

• ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I hate powerpro… I use to use it.. got sick and tired of the waxy material and how flat the line can become. S

Waxy and flat? You were using PowerPro? I can honestly say I have never heard anyone have the kind of experience with it, especially the waxy aspect. I guess I’m really curious what you meant by flat, but if you’re saying the line changed shapes then that’d also be a first to me. I guess I don’t use very heavy line but a few times a year (65lb+) when I musky fish, but I’ve used 20 and 30lb quite a bit on both spinning and baitcasters and that stuff holds its texture and stays limp for 2+ years on my reels (I usually respool backwards each year).

Waxy FOR SURE….

Used Stren and it’s just as good if not better but still use both. I think it still could be better. Looks like I need to try Suffix. Tried their mono one and will never do that again.

SproBoy

back to the flipping question… Do you think that bass can hear the braid? What i mean is that braid makes noise on eyes everybody knows and loves the sound it makes but do you think that bass every get turned off by the sound? Im guessing that when u are in the trees its gonna rub and make an unnatural sound.. Just wondering what everybodys opinions are.

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Quote:

back to the flipping question… Do you think that bass can hear the braid? What i mean is that braid makes noise on eyes everybody knows and loves the sound it makes but do you think that bass every get turned off by the sound? Im guessing that when u are in the trees its gonna rub and make an unnatural sound.. Just wondering what everybodys opinions are.

Interesting question SproBoy….you would think maybe when you make that quick snap to give the bait a twitch if its hung up on somethin or if its on the bottom that it would make a “snap” sound to…i dont know for sure and I’m sure nobody really KNOWS for SURE…who knows maybe it triggers the fish I’m interested to see wut other people feel about this…good topic SproBoy

netman
    Wisconsin

Propower,only way to go in thick stuff. I like mono for open water,stretch helps fight the fish. I don’t think that they can hear it on wood or weeds,wood usually has a thin layer of decay the line would rub on and weeds are soft enough to eliminate sound also(hydrilla ?).Vibration may be a different story,don’t know.

BowedUp

Decided to experiment this year. Got a second stick that I also use for flippin/pitchin so am going to put 17 lb flouro on the 7′ and 65 lb braid on the 6.5′ – both rods are same manufacturer and actions.

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Quote:

Decided to experiment this year. Got a second stick that I also use for flippin/pitchin so am going to put 17 lb flouro on the 7′ and 65 lb braid on the 6.5′ – both rods are same manufacturer and actions.

Good thinkin

kdb

Quote:

agreed…great question…I would have to say they can definitely hear it…now if they’re biting, you’d have to think they’re not avoiding it…

On the other hand, when flipping, a lot of bites come on the drop…but if you ‘jig it’ a couple of times, the line (whether mono or braid) slaps and I’m sure fish can hear it…

My guess is some days they ‘like it’ and some day’s the ‘don’t’…

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

And… If they can hear it maybe it attracts them- especially in dirty water. If you hear the sound and know what crawdads sound like when they click it might be similar… it is to a human ear?!?!? good thinking and post!

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

I guess i dont know wut sound a crawdad makes but that sounds like u may be right on that

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.