Reaction Innovations—Swamp Donkey

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Anyone know why it’s darn-near impossible to find these baits anywhere(especially online)? Most places have been sold out since the early to middle of last summer.

I’d like to think some should be available now before the Bass season gets into full swing.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Blue – I’ve heard unconfirmed rumors that they won’t be making them anymore…..

I hope it’s not true – one of my favorite frogs

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Do not tell me that….

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

It’s been confirmed on BBC that they will no longer make this bait.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

What a sad….dark day…..

I guess I’d like to know, what it takes to make such a great bait only to have it slip away.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

This sounds like a prank name for stuff we did growing up in SD.

masemlin
    Fountain City, WI

Since I am a bigger user of Reaction Innovations, I would like to know if this is the only bait they are no longer making or if the company itself is done? I use the Sweet Beaver more than the Swamp Donkey, but both are great baits…

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sorry to tell you there are a few others on the chopping block as well. There’s a post @ Bass Boat Central listing them off. The Sweet Beaver was spared it’s life from what is known so far.

I’ll see if I can find it later today.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I didnt see that particular bait but you could check this site for alternatives. This is where I buy most of my bass stuff. http://www.protourbaits.com/

kris_brantner
    My river

i like the ball breakers, any work on those?

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Can’t say I’ve ever used a Swamp Donk or any other RI product. I am at odds with their marketing ideas. Still had I known the Donk was out of production I might have scarfed some up when I was at Sportsman Warehouse in Coon Rapids. I wonder what the lure would bring on Ebay once they are all gone.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

This sounds like a prank name for stuff we did growing up in SD.

Swamp Donkey= Alvinmack…AKA Sausage Fingers-

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Doesn’t bother me too much, They’re a nice bait but I had way too many rip to shreds before I even caught a limit on them..I just have a preference for the spros. Still too bad though, they were a decent bait and I had a place for them in my box of spros.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

actually Reaction has them on their website.. but only two colors listed.

now you know why I use that OLD RAT… before Mann’s took it over and screwed it up…

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Never could get them to walk like the Spros, even though everyone else seemed to walk them better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.