chatter swim baits.

• dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

ive never tried these but have heard many good things. do you jig these or use them like a spinnerbait? or in any combination of rips or stops? are you trying to imitate a shad or crayfish. i suppose it depends on the time of year but what seems to be the most desired color and retrieval method?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I recently saw a demo of these at Bass Pro Shops…You can’t really use them wrong…Reel em, jig em, jerk em…the most effective technique(according to the Pro) is to lift them and let them fall (flutter) back.

bassfishincor
    Lax

what do you guys mean a chatterbait? like a simjig and crankbait spinnerbait all in one or what?

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

what do you guys mean a chatterbait? like a simjig and crankbait spinnerbait all in one or what?

et1770
    Shakopee, MN

I have a ChatterBait. Have fished it several different ways, have not caught a single fish with it. So far I am NOT a fan.

jhwisc
    Verona, WI.

I have used them like a spinnerbait, fishing over the weeds…works about the same…my favorite are bluegill colors.

John

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Here’s a fun little discussion we had one them a while ago. You’ll have to weed through the wandering conversation to garner any useful information.

jlallen

ummm they dont work

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

They may or may not work, just don’t refer to them as a gimmick…

bassfishincor
    Lax

ok now i know what you guys are talking about used got a couple nice ones that is it

robby
    Quad Cities

Chatterbaits are good baits, but no magic. The original Rad Lures have a terrible hook. If you hear stories about guys losing fish on these, they are probably using the original. Some guys put a trailer hook on them. I typically use the Gamblers, great hooks. The biggest negative to these is that the blade is made of aluminum. They do not last forever. The Booyah’s are junk, do not waste your money. I think the hook system is good, but the baits are very fragile. You will lose fish with these. I am interested to use the Strike King, Pure Poison. I have not yet. It is all steel hardware and blade. Hook looks good. Might want to try that one. You can fish these a few different ways, but swimming it similar to a spinner bait seems to be the staple. Pumping and dropping also works well. They do snag easier than a regular jig though. Anyother tip, do not replace the trailer with a big bulky one, it really kills the thump and action.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.