Legend Extreme Spinning

• Johnnielund
    Chicago area

Hello Everyone,
    Which Legend Extreme spinning rod is most suited to casting 1/8 oz jigs with twister tails? I’m thinking about the XS69MLXF OR the XS70MLF.
    Thank you all for your input.
    Jim

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

xs69mlxf i have one & love it

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Both excel at that…if you are going to cast small blades/cranks go with the 69MLXF. Its extra blank speed also allows the use of mono better for cold weather fishing with plastics.

The 70MLF is also very good at rigging and jigging live bait, which it was designed for…

both are great rods.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Both are great. Get them. Try the 7 foot medium, too. I really find that one a gem.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Hello Everyone,

Which Legend Extreme spinning rod is most suited to casting 1/8 oz jigs with twister tails? I’m thinking about the XS69MLXF OR the XS70MLF.

Thank you all for your input.

Jim

Jim, Any particular reason you asked the question in the Bass Forum ?

If you are NOT using it for Bass everyone one was dead on,go with the XSMLXF, you will love them, I have 6 custom made XSMLXF rods and you would have to kill me to get them away from me.

iowaeye

69mlxf xs 11200023. fantastic rod for pitching jigs /w braid and bladebaits.

Johnnielund
    Chicago area

I will be using it for Smallmouth on the rivers and White Bass. I use either 3/32 or 1/8 half moon jig heads and grubs quite a bit.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

69mxf all the way

Johnnielund
    Chicago area

Sorry for the “I’m confused” question. Why would I NOT want to use this rod for bass?
    Jim

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

I will be using it for Smallmouth on the rivers and White Bass. I use either 3/32 or 1/8 half moon jig heads and grubs quite a bit.

That rod would be fine for the application you cited. Many here use it for walleye/sauger and blades, but I also use it for exactly what you said…plus…its a GREAT dropshot rod for bass!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.