Southern Metro help requested

• mfreeman451

And you’re such a stand-up guy you are telling members in private message to go F themselves..well played.

.m

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some guys are just Dickheads.

And the cycle starts back up and continues…

The guy asks a straight forward question on his second post and his thread gets high jacked and turned to crap. WHY? I stand by my term Corey,if you don’t like it too bad boy.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some guys are just Dickheads.

And the cycle starts back up and continues…

The guy asks a straight forward question on his second post and his thread gets high jacked and turned to crap. WHY? I stand by my term Corey,if you don’t like it too bad boy.

My whole point on the situation is… being vulgar and rude yourself, just doesn’t help the situation. But to add… I have found out that free fish surveys, recent or past fish stockings, and/or even lake and depth maps are great. A utility that not many have found or knew of on the DNR Lake Finder pages…

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

Or he made this whole thing up just to get some free handouts from suckers on the Internet..

Crossed my mind. Sure it wouldn’t be the first time someone played that card. Take him to nugget lake. You can catch a 100 10 inch bass on pretty much anything. Wish they would would let the meat hunters take them out.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

Or he made this whole thing up just to get some free handouts from suckers on the Internet.. either way there are tools for people to discover and explore our resources here in Minnesota, and I think that’s the best place to start.

Quote:

Quote:

Ryan has a point, my posting may have come off a little snide. I was trying to be helpful though.. here is me being helpful again:

MN DNR Lake Finder

I think you have to look at the situation, he’s taking an old man out soon and wants to get on the right lake the first time.

That warrants help if people are willing to give it.

I guess it’s how you view the situation and a personal choice on whether you offer up info, if any.

I think most people on this site probably already know about Lakefinder so what you offered up…I would consider obvious.

Besides, looking at the post, his main focus was a quiet, low traffic lake. Not exactly info to be found on Lakefinder and certainly not info to be found before this Saturday.

IMO, I think the situation calls for a PM if you want to give info, no reply if you don’t.

Jake_A

Ozzy, I gave him the same advice in a PM. Nugget is absolutely loaded with bass. FYI everyone!!!!! Nugget Lake has bass! Oh god the words out….

mfreeman, it was NOT the information you gave him. Your advice was good and informative, but its how you phrased it

FryDog62

Sorry I stirred things up guys. A little context – I’m self-employed, have a busy schedule, 3 teenagers, etc, etc, etc. My elderly dad lives out of town and doesn’t drive. He’s being dropped off for a bout 6 hours in the middle of the day in Lakeville on Saturday, I realize not the perfect time to fish but it is what it is. I’m also not familiar with the lakes in the Lakeville area. I don’t have time to scout out lakes, ask around at bait shops, etc. I have looked at Lakefinder but we all know some well stocked lakes do well at certain times and at others don’t. So, my request was for a present day recommendation or two. More importantly mid-day on a Saturday in June is a zoo most places so I was asking if anyone knew something where we have less of a chance of getting swamped by wakeboarders. Not looking for anyone’s secret honey hole, just some friendly, general guidance. PM’s can work for specifics and to those of you that replied I am very thankful. Hopefully we’ll catch a few fish, avoid some jet skis and maybe if we catch something of note I’ll attach a picture. Overall, I have found the fishing community some pretty decent people, so let’s all put our claws away and have a good week on the water ~ tight lines everyone…

FryDog62

We ended up on Orchard Lake in Lakeville. Lots of weeds so it took awhile to figure things out. Caught 5 fish in 2 hours – 1 small northern and 4 largemouth between 15-16.5 inches. It was a good day and quality time on the water. Next time he’s in town will hopefully be longer and maybe we can get over the Western Wisconsin and chase some smallies. Thanks again to the people that sent me PM’s.

stuart
    Mn.

Glad you found a few fish and got to spend time with your father.
    Welcome to IDO.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Glad everything worked out for you and the weather was good!

…and welcome to Ido, even though we sometimes have a hard time showing it.

Our good guys with the white hats always come through.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Whatever! I bet he just got that picture off the internet.

My bad, you are new. You might not see the sarcasm.

Glad that you were able to get some help and your dad and you were able to get some quality time. As a guy who lost his father 20 years ago, I can tell you those times are precious!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.