Water Temps – Prelude to the REAL 2012 Opener!

• kroc0005

Was out on NE side of Prior Lake last night with my brother DanK and his daughter Libby getting big sunfish. Water temps were between 70-72 in the bays . Looked like sunfish beds were all over too. Not too many bass seen swimming in the shallows despite warm weather and calm conditions…

Other area lake temps or fish activity to report out leading up to the weekend to assist other anglers?

Can’t Wait!!

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

I was out on Cedar down by New Prague a week and a half ago and there were sunfish beds everywhere. I also saw some BIG females cruising around. The water temp there was 72 already then.

Anyone know any water temps on Minnetonka?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Had upper 60’s on Minnetonka Last weekend. Not much for bass beds. My guess is that a fair amount of fish are already done on some lakes. Did see a few old beds that looked like they has small buck bass on them. My guess is that they are guarding Fry. I am sure there is still some bedding going on but my guess is that most fish have already finished.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Quote:

Had upper 60’s on Minnetonka Last weekend. Not much for bass beds. My guess is that a fair amount of fish are already done on some lakes. Did see a few old beds that looked like they has small buck bass on them. My guess is that they are guarding Fry. I am sure there is still some bedding going on but my guess is that most fish have already finished.

You think they are done on Tonka? They were just making beds on Cedar. If they are done it benefits me more for the Classic.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not sure they are all done but my guess is that a fair amount of them are. My guess is on a lake the size of minnetonka they spawn over a long time period ( Like 4-6 weeks ) Depending on the part of the lake and various water temps. With the water temps we had in March my guess is there was some that spawned early this year. Just my .02 worth. Just did not see many fish in shallows or on beds last weekend. Then again I did not spend a ton of time looking around and I was out early morning and it was rather overcast. I guess I’ll find out better on Sat. or Sun. Good luck in the classic

kroc0005

BUMP – any additional water temps in the MN lakes people want to share?

kroc0005

Was out on minnewashta and temps were 68 before weather blew me off

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

I am guessing the lakes will hit about 90F after today! It’s so dang hot!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.