Sparkly boat guys

• john-o
    Hastings, MN

Is there any practical function for the metal flake in the gel coat, or is it all just for the look? I was in a beautiful glass boat yesterday that had a silver interior that was so bright in the sun with the metal flake I needed my sunglasses. Have you ever seen a glass boat that wasn’t white without metal flake in the gel coat? Does it look too flat without the flake? Do some manufacturers have more metal flake than others?

munchy
    NULL

There are some colored boats out there without glitter, they do show quite a few more waterspots…..

I have no need for sparkles but wouldn’t turn it down if it was the only option either.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Solid colors are more $$$. Because of that I think flakes make it easier to hide a few blemishes. whistling Sorta like drywall. Texture versus smooth. Texture hides some sins.

castle-rock-clown

My Tuffy is black and gold large metal flake…pretty, very pretty.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Solid colors are more $$$. Because of that I think flakes make it easier to hide a few blemishes. whistling Sorta like drywall. Texture versus smooth. Texture hides some sins.

x2 That is why a white cap or top generally will cost more as well.

FDR

Charles

Not a fan of sparkly boats, I want a matte black or matte white.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Not a fan of sparkly boats, I want a matte black or matte white.

Hurricane spencer ( Hulk Hogan) had a matt black stealth boat in thunder in paradise, did all sorts of sweet stuff! Remember guys!

shockers
    Rochester

I am currently unable to afford a sparkly boat. Hmmmmm. Maybe I should get some glitter and sparkle mine up!

Mostly I just wanted to use the word “sparkly”.

Jonesy

The flake is one of the turn offs for me also. Buddy of mine has an old but very nice yar carft 1890 crs and it’s all white and looks great.

FryDog62

I think you can still get Tuffy’s (and maybe Yar-crafts too) in flat colors… I have flat white on my Yar and I love it. Doesn’t show much for scratches, and best of all – NO WATER SPOTS to clean off all the time )

Cody Klebs

Love my sparkly boat. Never had a problem with it being too brite.

Attachments:
    1. 20160801_192422.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.