Southern/ central Michigan lakes

• ermaag62

I’m new to the area and wanting to know what lakes I should check out. I’ve ice fished for years and down to go after any species just looking for a tug on the end of the line. Also willing travel a good distance. Any info would be great.

Ryan Wilson

Welcome!

I live in Clare county and a decent lake around me is Budd Lake in Harrison. Good panfish.

Check out iceshanty.com , There will be a lot more people that are in your area over there that will give you more detailed answers. As great as IDO is, they don’t cover much of Michigan at all and if they do it’s usually a Great Lake.

ermaag62

Thanks I’ll check it out.

ermaag62

I’m in branch county near coldwater but like I said I’m willing to travel.

ermaag62

I’m in Branch County near Coldwater but like I said I’m willing to travel a good distance.

Ivan Knapp

You are a long ways away. Up here you have lake mitchel and lake cadillac at Cadillc. There is fife lake at fife lake and lake Missaukee at lake city. These are all good for panfish , pike and walleye. You have Houghton Lake also but that turns into a race track on the weekends as it is a tourist town.. Fife lake in Jan and Feb is good for large perch if you can find them. Last few years they have gotten some very large walleye out of Lake Missaukee

Ivan Knapp

Closer to you check out Barry state game area. in the Gun Lake area

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.