South Shore Guides?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Are there any good guides running the south shore for anything during the summer? Superior area or a little east of there?
    Either salmon/trout or walleye, bass, etc.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I don’t know for sure but I’d guess many of the charters out of Duluth would be willing to fish WI waters if you have the license.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Wasn’t there a fellow who spun off from IDO here? Grant something?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Team Crush Outdoors is out of Duluth and may be able to help you out, give Capt Cameron aka Ron the Redbeard a call 320-761-6783.

zooks

Wasn’t there a fellow who spun off from IDO here? Grant something?

Here’s Grant’s website and it does list that he has a guiding service. His youtube channel is really good, the offshore casting bite he works for lakers is super cool and looks like a blast.

Superior Angling

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That’s cool to hear about Grant. I fished with him once years ago when he was in school and posting on IDO. I believe I outfished him that night. lol
    Im sure he’ll remember me and hopefully has some good info. I want to try something different and I have no desire to do the Lake Michigan charter dance. Its just too far away. Plus I would rather size down and not fish a huge boat. Thanks again for all the info.

rubberduck
    east bethel

most charters will fish the south shore if that what you want to do.ecspeacially if going out of barkers island. you should be able to by a wis license on the boat the morning of ask the captian prior to trip. Wisconsin side can be good plus you can use 3 lines to minnesotas 2 lines. a lot of captians will run the Wisconsin line on the Minnesota side.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Suzuki, I have been going out in a Alumacraft Trophy 170 for quite a few years on lake Michigan. Not sure of the size of your rig but throw on a couple of riggers and take a couple of dipsey rods and some baits and give it a whirl. I picked up a Sylvan 190 select and once I have riggers, rod holders, and a cover made I will take it over to lake Michigan. That’s where our camper is and your welcome to come over sometime.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im flexible. Playing phone tag with Grant. Sounds like he follows the salmon up the north shore so that’s probably what I will try first. Grant took me out ice fishing years ago and I appreciated that so I want to give him some business. The one thing I worry about south shore is from what I heard and saw once its mostly lake trout and mostly NOT red fins. I remember catching a bunch of those greasy white filleted lakers and they were hard to cook. I also remember the captains disdain for them. Im sure you guys know what Im talking about?
    My wife and I miss having our own fresh salmon every year. Might have to take up some offers on here as well. I grew up in Michigan and miss chasing trout and salmon. Inland stream trout was big in my family and access to the Great Lakes and inland migrating fish a yearly option.

superiorfisherman

This guy seems pretty good for South Shore and chequamegon Bay Area and seeing him on John Gillespie quite a bit— Josh Teigen guide service. 715-813-0575

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2018-06-13-10-07-38.png

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Scheduled to fish with Grant in two weeks. Ill post a report. I sure hope they are biting because Im not in it for the boat ride. )

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Had a great time with Grant on Wed! Superb boat and the fishing was fantastic. Limited on lake trout, 1 king, 1 coho and a big beautiful steelhead (released). Had the lake to ourselves. Jigged, casted and trolled. All of our fish came from trolling. Ate some of each that night and they were outstanding. Smoking the remaining trout today.

Attachments:
    1. 7947_0_0.jpeg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

All these years and I think that’s the first pic you’ve ever posted! Maybe it’s the first fish you’ve really caught. rotflol

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Looks like you fished the north shore there. Was that your first time on Superior?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

North shore. Fished the south shore water once 20 years ago. I’ve caught some really nice fish this week on vacation but no pics. I rarely get pics.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.