Someone make me feel better

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

got an iPhone down an ice hole too , leaned over to play with the graph with a phone in my chest pocket . Watched it go down on the flasher .

Did the same 2 winters ago. Ouch !

ThunderLund78

Nice pair of Costas – completely my fault. Wasn’t even fishing – I thought they fit snug enough and jumped off the pontoon for a swim. Off they came and down they went.

Dan Baker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan Baker wrote:</div>
    3 phones down the ice hole. 2 in almost the exact same spot a year apart. my brother lost a Glock 26 down an ice hole too.

My pain is healing . Ouch . Did he use a magnet to try to get it back ?

We tried. It was in the muck on Mille Lacs. He even tried scuba diving for it in the summer. The muck totally swallowed it.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ve never broke a rod. What is wrong with you people?
    Oh wait! doah rotflol rotflol rotflol

LabDaddy1

I have broken 3 rods this year which is very rare for me. Taken a couple bad falls on the river shore, as well as went too deep in my muck boots in the river and filled my boots with 30-some degree water with barely above freezing air temps. Oh yeah, also lost a really nice pair of gloves. All of these on/in the river… she’s not been very forgiving to me this year! Either that or I’m just a clutzy putzy idiot… jester doah toast wave

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’ve got 3 pairs of prescription Maui Jim’s in the Croix/ Sip at the confluence in the past 8 years or so.
    I guess that’s about 2k worth of prescription shades… Maui was bought out so I switched to gatorz and haven’t lost them yet

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Capsized a boat on Mille Lacs in 30 FOW. Lost 10 St Croix rods various models. 2 Tackle bags. Net. Bump board. Camera equipment. Cheap flip phone. Sun Glasses. Basically everything that was not in a compartment. However even that stuff was ruined. Boat was totaled !

Glad we had a good insurance policy! peace

Feel Better? wave

All 10 of those St Croix rods had my name on them. Kinda surprised none of them ever showed up snagged by another fisherman.

-J.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Capsized a boat on Mille Lacs in 30 FOW.

Next unofficial official get together, I really wanna hear that story as I have some similar ones (plural). rotflol jester rotflol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sure Jon someone just has to one up everybody else with capsizing a boat. shock

dirtywater

Jon with the mic drop.

My dumbest losses include dunking the bolt that secures the bow-mount to the plate on the first day of a week-long trip. Leaving brand new rain gear unsecured in the boat and then trailering 200 miles before I realized what I’d done.

Unrelated to fishing: driving into the garage with a bike on the roof rack… twice. And losing my wedding ring cliff jumping in Arizona.

CBMN
    North Metro

I have been fairly lucky. I have lost two pairs of Oakley Sunglasses while on my the top of my head cruising to another spot, a box of rappalas going down the road and almost lost a St. Croix rod out of the back of my boat on the road as I was able to see it start to hover up in the boat cockpit in my truck rearview mirror due to grabbing air with a rod sleeve and I was able to pull over in time to not loose it. I think I have broken two rods in all my years of fishing.

Glad you had good insurance for your Mille Lacs event Jon.

Charles

Just spent 20k of insurance money this week.

I have only lost one combo in the water so far.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

one cell phone down an ice hole.

one Legend Extreme/CI4 laying on the bottom of Winnie.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It could be way worse.

You don’t have an adult child that identifies as a cat.

Dang! I guess that could get spendy if this adult child has kittens?

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.