Someone make me feel better

• isu22andy

Threw a nice Fenwick hmg combo overboard into the river today , 2 weeks earlier took out a prop . May I had a fish on one line and grabbed it and threw the other one in the rod holder , or so I thought . St croix combo in the bottom of Pepin . Never lost a rod to a body of water in my life but did twice this year . Bout time to switch to natty light. Someone make me feel better what’s the most expensive thing you’ve lost overboard ?

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Once in a bass tournament I accidentally booted a g Loomis imx with a curado on it. Never got that one back.

Loomis13
    NULL

My phone this year in Canada doah

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Andy, I’ve purchased a new G-loomis rod with a Shimano Stradic reel when on a trip down to Truman Lake, 20 ish years ago. I was in a cove in the front of the boat facing the rear talking to my partner in the rear. My hand just happened to relax open and allowing the rod/reel in slow motion to slip into the brink!
    Got the CC bill later that month and had to pay for $350 that I’ll never see.

troutbum
    St. Paul

I will pour one out for you, Bill Dance #2

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ve lost a total of 3 G-loomis/Shimano combos in a little over 40 years.

isu22andy

My phone this year in Canada doah

I got an iPhone down an ice hole too , leaned over to play with the graph with a phone in my chest pocket . Watched it go down on the flasher .

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I haven’t lost a rod, but in the last 15 years I’ve lost 22,684 blade baits, 6,662 crankbaits, and 22,692,843 jigs. Oh and a watch. Mainly on wingdams.

Steve

bowman620

I watched a pro lose a kicker motor in Escanaba during a FLW tournament. Crazy rides all the way to Green Bay and back

eyeguy507
    SE MN

those Natty Daddies will sneak up on ya. You might as well drink Sippi water if you are going with the Natty light, probably the same effect?

100% sober I lost 2 boat buckles I left on my transom swim platform that cinch my travel cover. One of these days imma dedicate my trip to magnet fishing and see what happens?

Reef W

Lost my original Leatherman wave down a hole ice fishing. Threw it on the bed in shack, it bounced up and back and went straight down. Had it for like 15 years and the new ones suck.

Oh yeah I also broke a really nice custom rod by snagging a tree branch. Winched it up, untangled and dropped lure over the side, then threw branch in water… Which hooked the lure on way down and snapped rod over side of boat doah

Dan Baker

3 phones down the ice hole. 2 in almost the exact same spot a year apart. my brother lost a Glock 26 down an ice hole too.

isu22andy

3 phones down the ice hole. 2 in almost the exact same spot a year apart. my brother lost a Glock 26 down an ice hole too.

My pain is healing . Ouch . Did he use a magnet to try to get it back ?

tim hurley

I tend to snap them, into a ceiling fan on high, that was cute. Years ago I dropped one, went into town bought a swimming mask and was able to get the rod back. Wrecked a trailer light by backing into a boulder. I’ll post again I know I have more! (just means you have skin in the game and you don’t spend your whole life on the sidelines or on your couch)

munchy
    NULL

Probably 15 years ago, a brand new pair of prescription glasses overboard. Since I’m completely blind without them had to wear my sunglasses the rest of the weekend.

Then a few weeks later was scooting across the lake and the wind caught the net on the front floor, which caught the handles on 3 of my rods and pulled them overboard into 40 feet of water.

In total was around $2500 lost.

jon amundson

Legend extreme and pfluger patriarch rainy river pulled over rail by sturgeon as I was organizing the charter boat. Just seen it as it pulled over the edge. Happens. Lost a very nice catfish set-up on mississippi and caught the fish 3 days later with pole still attached. Was about a 35 lb flathead and was in same location as I lost it. Had already ordered a replacement.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

About 6 years ago I went down to my boat on the lift. 8 rod combos and all my tackle boxes stolen. The thing that irritated me is that they left one combo behind. Kinduva slap in the face. Thought it was as nice as the ones they stole.

B-man

Lost a coveted original 600LC Tekota and Talora rod a couple years ago. I was coming back from Isle Royale with the family in a nasty beam sea.

I think the holder was tipped down over the side too far and a wave grabbed it right out of the holder.

It’s the one and only rod I’ve ever lost mad

Sucks because they don’t make them anymore and it was a Father’s Day gift from Mom and the boys when they were little.

That same reel used now goes for upwards of $300, the rod was over $100.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Tried to KVD a big walleye on my new custom rod (shout out to Rodworks) and snapped it. Was such a good rod I had him build me a second.

Did this about two hours ago when the rod locker slammed down. St croix panfish rod.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5686-scaled.jpeg

michael keehr

How about 2 shimano Calcutta inshore rods with shimano 400te musky reels on them within 100 yards of each other. Still not sure what they hit or if they both hooked fish. Was 27 degrees out trolling on lake of the woods plastic rod holders both snapped by by rods 1000 plus dollars lost in 15 minutes

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

2 weeks ago the steering went out on my trolling motor. The $300 board that was replaced at the beginning of the year went bad and the company will not stand behind their product since it is over 30 days old. My 12-year-old son came up to “show” me what I was doing wrong and stepped on my favorite custom rod breaking it in half. That blank is no longer made and it can’t be replaced.

Tried to KVD a big walleye on my new custom rod (shout out to Rodworks) and snapped it. Was such a good rod I had him build me a second.

This blank is also out of production. But I do have one more left in stock.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

It could be way worse.

You don’t have an adult child that identifies as a cat.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

It could be way worse.

You don’t have an adult child that identifies as a cat.

That’s good.

+1

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Musky fishing in the rain once, and the whole brand new $300 rod and reel slip-launched out of my hands when the line caught casting a big bait. Jigged for it for hours, never got it back.

I caught a high end Fenwick on the Rainy, got a nice new reel for it, fished with it all summer, next spring lost it in almost the exact same spot on the Rainy.

mrpike1973

Brand new Princecraft boat picked up at dealer. 1 block from the dealer rear-ended. Boat totaled bow of boat went right through the rear window of the Ford Taurus. That is a bad day. Never got a boat back that summer. Paid 6 months on a new boat I didn’t own to pay it off. Almost quit fishing that year.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

Was going out with a buddy in his boat last summer. Grabbed three rods from my boat and stuck them in the backseat with the tips facing up front into the passenger’s seat against the window. Got to the intersection/corner and couldn’t see through the dew on window if anyone was coming. Hit the button to roll down the window to get the dew off. Confirmed, no one was coming, and hit the button to roll the window back up. It dawned on me what happened as I heard the crunch of all three rod tips getting sheared off by the window. doah

Deuces

Broken rods here and there myself, feel quote fortunate after reading this I haven’t had any large scale breakages.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Broken rods here and there myself, feel quote fortunate after reading this I haven’t had any large scale breakages.

Same. I have appeased the fish gods as my old friend would call it, quite a few times with numerous different items from knives to cheaters. I lost my Lowrance cover one day in the wind and waves. Nothing to expensive.

isu22andy

Definitely feel better now . No large loss of value yesterday on Pepin for me . Did have 3/8ths walleye nations creations search bait new in package suck out of the boat on plane and succumb to the depths . Damn things are only good at tangling anyway .

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.