Some days I hate being in IT

• Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

“Fun” is the word I use for projects that are anything but fun

CaptainMusky

Btw crowd strikes stock who was responsible for this is down like 35 percent since this event

Charles

I could not imagine being in Major IT, small town critical access hostpial we still had to touch 50+ machines.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Help desk took over the auditorium beginning at 7 this morning for anyone impacted. They also asked for volunteers to fix any laptops brought in. I don’t know the plan for 100% remote workers.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Many systems are still not functioning properly. Delta Airlines is still experiencing a travel nightmare at MSP and other airports they frequent. So glad I’m not trying to go on vacation or a business trip or come home right now.

The fix is not exactly an easy one either. Some of these are going to have to be fixed on a computer-by-computer basis. That will take a while.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ah yes, sometimes it helps being old and not trusting on-line everything. grin

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Many systems are still not functioning properly. Delta Airlines is still experiencing a travel nightmare at MSP and other airports they frequent. So glad I’m not trying to go on vacation or a business trip or come home right now.

SIL flew to LA Thursday evening for business Friday. Had flight to MSP booked Friday evening. He is still there and as far as I know does not have a for sure flight back yet. It’s been book, delayed, cancelled, repeat all weekend.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That sucks Joe. I’m sure a lot of travelers are in the same position.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

my daughter was in Arizona……dont know why she’d go there in the summer, but…..they had issues also……..think they did a car rental and drove back….there were 4 of them!!!!

CaptainMusky

Most companies do remote pushes of updates via a program like big fix like us. These are deployed to any PC that connects to the network. The fix itself is easy to do manually but requires hand holding which is the hard part. I held off doing my restart for my update until all our validation was done. Many who did it earlier got the blue screen and were booted out.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.