Solo launch glass boat – no dock

• isu22andy

Considering moving to a glass boat and going through scenarios in my head why it would or wouldn’t work . One thing that keeps coming to my mind is solo launching when there’s no dock , late and early season . Not all these launches have nice sandy beaches or mud . What do you guys do in this situation ? Just slowly pull them up and nestle them by hand ? Keel guard would be a must for sure . Maybe I’m over thinking it .

walleyesforme

The boat I had before this one was glass and the scenarios you described definitely hampered early and late season fishing for me. I didn’t have them but I see lots of the bass guys pull up close to the dock and put their 2 talons down so their boat doesn’t touch anything. I don’t see why this same process wouldn’t work with getting close to shore and hopping out to get the truck etc. looks like it works great. One other thing o think about is if you fish early or really late is breaking ice, glass boats don’t like that. I know the next boat I get will be glass and it will be treated much differently than the last one. A boat is a tool meant to be used to me now. Bumps and bruises come along the way.

Smellson

I’ve got a keel guard on my boat and will pull it straight up on the concrete ramp in the very rare occasion that I can’t find a soft spot on either side. I’ve also used spotlock a time or two. A lot of people think fiberglass is fragile….it’s really not. I’ve seen a fiberglass boat slip off rollers straight onto the ramp and not leave so much as a tiny scratch

isu22andy

Problems breaking ice ? Can anyone else confirm or deny that ? Skim ice can’t be that bad on them can it ?

walleyesforme

Problems breaking ice ? Can anyone else confirm or deny that ? Skim ice can’t be that bad on them can it ?

Oh they will break ice but it’s not the best for gel coat. It’s not like it’s going to wreck the boat but it will leave a mark.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.