Solera Console Graph Mount

• Josh Thompson

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Bought a new Solera a week ago and I have a Helix 9 I want to put on the console. It looks like a few guys here have Soleras and I was wondering if anyone has mounted a larger graph on the console. If so, what did you use that worked well? I’ve looked at Balzout and Cisco mounts. I had RAM in my old boat but those would move in rougher water and kind of annoyed me. The Helix 9 looks like it’s gonna be a pretty tight fit if I mount it just above the supplied Helix 7.

Also wondering if anyone got anything bigger than a 7 flush mounted in the bow. I used the gimbal bracket and mounted my 9 to the aluminum panels for the time being but I have this nagging feeling I’m going to lose a screen protector or two with it setup like that. Any advice or photos would be appreciated!

Josh Thompson

Here you can see what it looks like. With the 9 in the pic the top two corners hit the windshield already.

Attachments:
    1. image-1.jpg

2. image.jpg

Tim Lund

I have a Helix 10 console mounted in my solera. It’s on a 2.25″ ball ram mount and is very solid. The ram mount moves it away from the windshield and you still have enough room to raise, lower and tilt. Positioned to where I like it I have close to 2″ of clearance from the windshield on each upper corner. The 7″ that came in the dash is now in the bow, and the blank out cover in the bow is now covering the hole in the dash where the 7″ was.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180408_095148734.jpg

Josh Thompson

Thanks Tim, that helps! Did you use screws or machine screws to mount the RAM? I am glad to hear your ram is holding as I had two of them and both would bounce around like crazy and need to be loosened and readjusted for me.

TripleA
    Blaine

Needs to be the 2.25″ ram mount for any 7″ or larger graph. That’s what I have found will keep it solid.

Tim Lund

Hi Josh,
    The ram is mounted with 1/4″ stainless machine screws.
    I used fender washers and self locking nuts on the back side.
    I have had issues with ram mounts moving in the past as well but it was usually due to undersize balls for the weight. The mount I used is RAM-D-202-25-C-202U which is listed for the Helix 9,10 and 12. I haven’t tested the mount in rough water yet but it feels very solid and I really don’t anticipate any issues with it moving around. I have pulled and jerked as hard as dare on the helix and it does not loose its adjustment, but…I’m sure it will bounce a bit in rough water, not a lot, but a bit.

Josh Thompson

Thanks for all the tips and pictures guys, it really helps!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.