Snowmobile rack for portable shelter

• krayfish

Help!! I want a carrier to put on my sled to carry a small portable shelter. I have a 600 Polaris edge touring. Only found one – Johnson storage- but they want $390 – pricey, but would be ok except they also want $110 shipping from Michigan to Wisconsin. Just can’t get myself to pay that much for shipping! There must be other options. I can build myself if anyone has plans. Thanks in advance.

JoeMX1825
    MN

draw up your own similar plans and take it to a fabricator, i’m guessing the final price will be close to what it would be to just buy a commercial product… depends on the fabricator…

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

I take it pulling the portable behind the sled is not an option?

munchy
    NULL

I take it pulling the portable behind the sled is not an option?

I got the Otter hitch to tow behind my ATV and it works great. Would work just the same with a snowmobubble. And a heck of a lot cheaper than a rack.

c_w
    central MN

You save on a lot of the slush and snow dust buildup on the covers if you have them up off the ice.

krayfish

I already have a portable that I Pull with a tow bar behind the sled. I want to also carry a light, single man, with me. We fish in canada and it is too cold to fish outside and I want to search areas or hole hop
    and it is a pain in the &$$ to constantly take down and set up my two man.

JoeMX1825
    MN

google search “snowmobile portable fish house racks” and look at the images, lots of ideas on how to do the bracing needed for a rack mod…take the best ideas to a fabricator and he’ll give you a range on how much $$ to do it…

Tony Marcoe

I saw a guy post somewhere showing that he took one of those cargo carriers that go into the hitch of your truck and fabricated up a bracket to mount to the back end of his snowmobile. I would figure you could buy the cargo carrier and make a bracket yourself for around what the shipping for the Johnson Storage one costs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.