Smoked meatloaf

• SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Who doesn’t like a good meatloaf sandwich?

Attachments:
    1. DA8985BD-A8DD-45BD-AA9E-53E798FFF629.jpeg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Oooh that looks amazing. I love meatloaf. Question for the meatloaf fans – do you guys put ketchup on your meatloaf or mayo? I use mayo and I often get a strange look from people! They put mayo on a hamburger but think it’s weird to put it on meatloaf? smash

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

That sound good Dave. Can you share your recipe please?
    I have never tried Mayo and it does sound weird but I will be willing to give it a try. I normally mix up some stuff with tomato paste as the base.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

2 lbs. ground beef or use a pound of pork sausage and a pound of ground beef.
    1/2 onion – chopped
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1 egg
    1/2 – 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
    1/2 – 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
    1/3 cup Sweet Baby Rays Hickory BBQ sauce
    1/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays Hickory BBQ sauce – reserved for top during the last 20 minutes of smoke time.

• A 2 pound meatloaf takes about 2 hours at 250 degrees. Look for an internal temperature of between 155 – 160.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Sharon, as a main course meal on the dinner plate, I usually put nothing on it or a little spicy BBQ sauce. For sandwiches, I use mayo and a squirt of the BBQ sauce. I put ketchup on a baked potato and people freak out. I tell them it works for French fries and hash browns what’s the big deal.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I put ketchup on a baked potato and people freak out. I tell them it works for French fries and hash browns what’s the big deal.

Good point! At first I read the sentence and thought ketchup on a baked potato?? But that’s not really different, like you said. I should dunk my french fries in butter and sour cream and see what people say. LOL.

buck-slayer

I used to make meatloaf sandwich for lunch and ended up eating it on my way into work. Had both ketchup and Mayo I prefer the ketchup, on steak too.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I used to make meatloaf sandwich for lunch and ended up eating it on my way into work. Had both ketchup and Mayo I prefer the ketchup, on steak too.

😂 that’s hilarious.

sji

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>SuperDave1959 wrote:</div>
    I put ketchup on a baked potato and people freak out. I tell them it works for French fries and hash browns what’s the big deal.

Good point! At first I read the sentence and thought ketchup on a baked potato?? But that’s not really different, like you said. I should dunk my french fries in butter and sour cream and see what people say. LOL.

LOL…how can you possibly go wrong with this strategy.

munchy
    NULL

Oooh that looks amazing. I love meatloaf. Question for the meatloaf fans – do you guys put ketchup on your meatloaf or mayo? I use mayo and I often get a strange look from people! They put mayo on a hamburger but think it’s weird to put it on meatloaf? smash

Try salsa! Mmmmmmmmm…..

But never thought of mayo. Will definitely try it!

Brad Dimond

I only put ketchup on the skin of the baked tater after gouging out the insides loaded with sour cream, cheddar and whatever vegies are on hand.

Iowaboy1

Dadgummit, I knew better than to look at this post!!
    That sure looks good Dave!!

Deleted

Looks great. I do a meatloaf that’s cocooned in bacon. I can’t use ketchup or mayo because the warden doesn’t eat that……. so I use Heinz Chili Sauce. Just about tastes like ketchup but whatever, wife will eat it so I use it.

I do want to try and smoke a meatloaf some day but haven’t yet.

I’m one who would rather have miracle whip or thousand island dressing & mustard on my hamburgers & lots of bacon w/ velveta cheese. I season a lb of burger with 2 oz of dry ranch seasoning and one packet of onion soup mix then make five thin patties.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I had to make a meatloaf last night because of this post. I didn’t have time to smoke it but I will try that soon. I tried some mayo on it and it was not bad. My wife gave me a weird look for doing it.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I don’t use ketchup or mayo, I use miracle whip waytogo

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How long do you smoke during that time?

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Man that looks awsome. There was this small town in Missouri we went to for breakfast and lunch. The had this out of this world meatloaf and fixings all you could eat serv your self for $5. For that matter everything on the menu was $5 and the servings were so big you couldn’t see the plate and had to sit up see the guy across the table.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.