Smoked Carp

• Leo Dogg

Anyone know where to purchase smoked carp in the east metro – west Wisconsin area?

Asking for a friend.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

The new Asian mall might be your best bet.

LabDaddy1

Yeah I’m not sure but an Asian grocery store/market would probably be a good place to start.

I’ve had smoked carp before and it was pretty darn good. But then again, what isn’t good smoked…

KP
    Hudson, WI

I had an uncle smoke up some carp once and I thought he was messing with me when he told me it was carp. It was kinda like pork if I remember.

ThunderLund78

Try calling a few local meat markets. If they don’t have it, they may know a source where you could get it. It’s probably a little further than you want to go, but I know Krenik’s Meats in the Lonsdale, MN area has had it in the past around holiday time. I’ve picked up venison before and have seen it written on their whiteboard. Give them a shout, maybe they’ll ship it if they still have it?

Mike m

Out of season now but here in southwest wis there are still a couple commercial fishermen left and they sell it . Also see it at festival foods grocery store once in a while .

traumatized
    eastern iowa

Valley Fish & Cheese, 304 S. Praire St., Praire du Chein, WI

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I think I’d rather eat spam

Tom B

Dick’s grocery store in Wabasha had it,pretty good with crackers

Brad Dimond

Late winter through the ice or spring running upstream to spawn yields firm white meat that takes smoke well. Not as good as smoked trout or salmon but not bad.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Schafer Fisheries will ship.

I’ve had smoked silver carp, shovelnose sturgeon shipped from these folks. Never been disappointed.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Anyone know where to purchase smoked carp in the east metro – west Wisconsin area?

Asking for a friend.

I’d try the Asian market on Minnehaha and Dale in St Paul, used to live by there and they had a wide range of stuff you don’t see anywhere else.

The new Asian mall might be your best bet.

Can’t wait to check that place out very close to my office, but sounds like it is an absolute zoo and they are extending the soft opening which requires reservations I think. If you go don’t park on the street, you will get towed.

LabDaddy1

I’d add to bigwerm suggestion: the double dragon Asian market off Maryland and rice in St. Paul. All kinds of weird and different stuff in there

Leo Dogg

Tom Berg – Thank you. Dick’s had White fish and carp.

On the way home I pulled off at Pontoon slough and enjoyed crackers, a coke and some smoked carp.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.