Small Mr. Buddy heater hose?

• mrpike1973

I want to save some cash on the 1# tanks I would like to get a hose for it Is 5 foot long enough to go under a pop up with an #11 tank. Do I need to buy a filter as well? Thanks never did the propane tank before figure if I drive out I can use the tank

Coletrain27

this is from MR. heater. if you get the 10′ hose you will not need a filter.

In most propane appliance situations, there is a regulator located at the tank, followed by a supply line. In that situation, what passes through the hose after the regulator is low pressure gas. Low pressure gas is harmless to rubber. The buddy system has the regulator located at the heater. In this setup you cannot have a regulator at the propane tank due to over-regulating the gas supply. This makes the gas that passes through the hose to get to the buddy system high pressure. High pressure gas squeezes rubber as it passes through it, and can occasionally pull some of the oils and plasticizers from the hose during these periods of high pressure. Those contaminates will travel with the flow of propane and land somewhere inside the heater, slowly building up over time and causing gas flow problems once the buildup becomes large enough. The 10′ buddy hose does not contain any plasticizers or oily contaminates that will leach out of the hose during high pressure propane flow. That is why that hose does not need a filter. All of the other hoses for the buddy system will need a filter because they will contain oils and plasticizers.

Coletrain27

another option is the refillable flame king 1lb bottles. ive been using them at home and they are pretty handy and pretty easy to refill with the proper filling valve. i found my bottles at menards

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Just measured mine it’s ten feet but I haven’t used it in a long time. I never used a filter. It’s nice to have it come in in the front and wrap the hose around the corner so you’re not tripping over it if you have a front door. I suppose if it’s a side door a five foot hose would be enough. Just something to think about if that helps you at all !

Sylvanboat

another option is the refillable flame king 1lb bottles. ive been using them at home and they are pretty handy and pretty easy to refill with the proper filling valve. i found my bottles at menards

X2

Anonymous
    Inactive

X3. They are great, very easy and have had no problems in 3 years

Cameron white

Go to any place that makes hoses, get them to make you a low temp hose. Way better quality than the mr heater hose.

stevenoak

Have you priced 11# tank? They are crazy expensive. $60 at Menards the last I looked. 2 or 3 times the price of a 20#

mrpike1973

I have the tank already going to get the 10 footer without the filter thanks everyone

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Just be sure you get the right hose. Mr Heater makes multiple hoses but only one doesn’t use a filter.

mrpike1973

Thanks third guy I did check Model F273704 is the one I got that does not need a filter.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I checked Menard’s and Home depot.

Neither have Flame King one pound bottles in stock.

If anyone finds any give us a shout.

Thanks

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Thanks

I just saw some in Running in my hometown.

Sylvanboat

Thanks

Do a Google search. I checked and saw them available. eBay wanted $100. Ouch!

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I use the short hose with a filter and 11 lb tank. best thing ever, no issues ever.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

I use the short hose with a filter and 11 lb tank. best thing ever, no issues ever.

X2

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.