Sleeper Rental For Us & Young Boy

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Looking for recommendations for a sleeper rental for 2 nights in mid-February. It will be the wife and our 2 1/2 year old boy. I just found out yesterday that I have received both a) babysitter for the 6-month-old and b) permission to do this, so I want to get this done quick before anyone involved changes their mind grin

Because of having a wife and young son I’m hoping for something fairly nice and comfortable, especially since it’ll be for 2 days. I’m also hoping for one that has decent history of having a decent crappie or perch bite at some point. I know every website says they move their houses often to stay on fish, but just wondering if anyone has some first-hand experience with someone that does that pretty well. I understand that catching fish is everyone’s objective but I wouldn’t be posting like this and looking for recommendations if this wasn’t the first realistic chance for my son to catch his first ever fish.

Location isn’t real important, I’ll eliminate LOTW but pretty much anywhere else is fair game. Cost isn’t a factor because I know we’re going to need to rent one of the top houses in anyone’s fleet in order to have it be nice enough for the wife and kid. And then hopefully something that ends up on a decent perch/crappie bite. Doesn’t need to be lights-out for walleye but the occasional one floating through would be nice.

Thanks for any help.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

you could check out highbanks on big winnie…….not sure about crappies there but eyes and perch!!!!!

although the last report i heard from them they had a bad crack on there landing they needed to let heal.

MNdrifter

I’d check out Trappers Landing on Leech. Probably not much for crappies from their rentals but some perch, walleyes overnight. And they are loaded with medium sized pike. Their houses look nice as well.

Adam Steffes

In our experience an indoor and heated place to use the restroom for the kids is a must since some get pretty stopped up from not having the comforts if you get my drift. Otherwise the kids don’t mind rough edges as its an adventure. The wife on the other hand might lol.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

In our experience an indoor and heated place to use the restroom for the kids is a must since some get pretty stopped up from not having the comforts if you get my drift. Otherwise the kids don’t mind rough edges as its an adventure. The wife on the other hand might lol.

I don’t know about all places but I do know what I call “nice” sleeper rentals all have an indoor private potty in the fish house. I’ve only been on Mille Lacs thus far.

To the OP, for sure get a nice house with all creature comfort amenities and the wife may even beg to go back.

I always go bigger as it’s nice to move around the house without tripping over gear or each other. More important with kids running around.

Attachments:
    1. 16103101335872.jpg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

aside from ice castles, macs twin bay has the nicest houses on mille lacs that I could find. they are plenty roomy and have TV and a indoor bathroom. they come and exchange batteries daily and empty the toilet too. i looked for a few years and wanted the same deal. however if you are targeting that late in Feb, the bite may not be the best, but the facility is top notch.

michael keehr

Mcquads on mille lacs has ice castles that were nice. If you are looking in February the bite could be tough anywhere.there was a younger gentleman that had 4 or 5 ice castle type houses near brainerd that would put on any lake you wanted I do not remember the name though. Pleasurland rents wheelhouse as well if you want to go the do it yourself route.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.