Skeeter Seat Repair???

• kroger3
    blaine mn

After a week and a half up on LOTW I have toasted another set of seats in my Skeeter. From talking with people up there it sounds like its a common problem with there seats…

The sides of the seat pan break and push down and leaves you with a hard ride. Have gone through several seats now.

Anyone know of a good repair place to strip them and repair the seat pan on them rather then keep buying new ones?

Richie,

If you’re looking to go the repair route, try Dave at North Country Canvas in Champlin. He does good work and is very reasonably priced.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Richie,

What year was your boat again? We may be able to help out some.

Email me some pictures of your seats if possible and I will do some checking and hopefully get you taken care of.

kroger3
    blaine mn

2009 WX2000T bought new 6/18/2010 but I am the second owner. I will e-mail you some pics when I get home later today. Thanks Eric!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i think the ’09 seats were known as a poor design…LotW toasted the ones in my WX2000T as well. SBC was great about it and replaced them for me this winter with new ’12 model year seats. unfortunately LotW did the same thing to my new seats this summer. i’d blame it on my fat butt, but my partner seats bit it too.

i’ve got a weeklong trolling trip to LotW again in October, and with all that seat time we need to be comfortable and well supported. i’m considering an upgrade to aftermarket seats that are hopefully sturdier and comfortable. does anyone have any suggestions?

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Call 218-927-1781 they fixed a bunch for us

gbsoren
    MN, USA

My seat on my 2010 WX2000T is toast too, it’s like sitting on a hard mushroom now, I’m also the 2nd owner so I really don’t have a dealer to take it to. I contacted Skeeter about it, even though it’s a known and common problem with that model year (and older I presume), all they’d do is sell me a new seat at a “reduced” price. That was about the cost of buying the exact model seat through Cabela’s.

So far I haven’t done anything, I suffered thru another year with the plan of buying a better quality aftermarket seat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.